Who sells double sided inkjet photo paper?

Archived from groups: aus.computers,melb.general,comp.periphs.printers,rec.photo.digital (More info?)

Hi,

I'm about to take the plunge and buy the latest A4 or A3 printer from Canon and
I need some A3 or A4 gloss or semi-gloss photo paper that can be printed on both
sides. Ideally it would be between 100gsm and 150gsm in weight.

I either want to buy locally (Melbourne, Australia), or from an on-line retailer
that offers something other than courier rates for shipping (if overseas) as
that would probably double the cost of the paper.

Can anyone recommend a specific paper, the price, and where it's available?

Many thanks for any replies. This is rather urgent as I've left this to the last
minute, as usual.

--
Ben Thomas
Melbourne

    On Thu, 27 May 2004 22:40:03 GMT, BenOne wrote:

    >Hi,
    >
    >I'm about to take the plunge and buy the latest A4 or A3 printer from Canon and
    >I need some A3 or A4 gloss or semi-gloss photo paper that can be printed on both
    >sides. Ideally it would be between 100gsm and 150gsm in weight.
    >
    >I either want to buy locally (Melbourne, Australia), or from an on-line retailer
    >that offers something other than courier rates for shipping (if overseas) as
    >that would probably double the cost of the paper.
    >
    >Can anyone recommend a specific paper, the price, and where it's available?
    >
    >Many thanks for any replies. This is rather urgent as I've left this to the last
    >minute, as usual.

    Try Red River Paper, I don't know what their shipping will be from the US to
    Australia, but I know they make good paper and have several 2 sided photo
    papers.

    http://www.redrivercatalog.com
  2. Archived from groups: aus.computers,melb.general,comp.periphs.printers,rec.photo.digital (More info?)

    "BenOne©" <nosp@m.thanks.mate> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > I'm about to take the plunge and buy the latest A4 or A3 printer from
    Canon and
    > I need some A3 or A4 gloss or semi-gloss photo paper that can be printed
    on both
    > sides. Ideally it would be between 100gsm and 150gsm in weight.

    Kodak sells "Picture Paper" in the UK which is double sided, glossy, and
    190gsm. Not sure if it's available in A3, though I have some A4 and it's...
    well, not bad for my application (leaflets).

    Permajet also sell double sided photo paper, but it's heavier and more
    expensive. It might be the only option in A3, though.

    --
    Martin Francis
    no, and yes...."

    Chris Stumpf wrote:

    > On Thu, 27 May 2004 22:40:03 GMT, BenOne wrote:
    >

    >>Hi,
    >>
    >>I'm about to take the plunge and buy the latest A4 or A3 printer from Canon and
    >>I need some A3 or A4 gloss or semi-gloss photo paper that can be printed on both
    >>sides. Ideally it would be between 100gsm and 150gsm in weight.
    >>
    >>I either want to buy locally (Melbourne, Australia), or from an on-line retailer
    >>that offers something other than courier rates for shipping (if overseas) as
    >>that would probably double the cost of the paper.
    >>
    >>Can anyone recommend a specific paper, the price, and where it's available?
    >>
    >>Many thanks for any replies. This is rather urgent as I've left this to the last
    >>minute, as usual.
    >>

    > Try Red River Paper, I don't know what their shipping will be from the US to
    > Australia, but I know they make good paper and have several 2 sided photo
    > papers.
    >
    > http://www.redrivercatalog.com

    Unfortunately I only have access to newsgroups right now, so I can't check their
    site. Does anyone have a minute to check that site and let me know part numbers,
    prices, and shipping costs? I want at least 100 sheets. Thanks heaps if you can.

    --
    Ben Thomas
    Melbourne

    BenOne© wrote:

    > Chris Stumpf wrote:
    >
    >> On Thu, 27 May 2004 22:40:03 GMT, BenOne wrote:
    >>

    >>> Hi,
    >>>
    >>> I'm about to take the plunge and buy the latest A4 or A3 printer from
    >>> Canon and I need some A3 or A4 gloss or semi-gloss photo paper that
    >>> can be printed on both sides. Ideally it would be between 100gsm and
    >>> 150gsm in weight.
    >>>
    >>> I either want to buy locally (Melbourne, Australia), or from an
    >>> on-line retailer that offers something other than courier rates for
    >>> shipping (if overseas) as that would probably double the cost of the
    >>> paper.
    >>>
    >>> Can anyone recommend a specific paper, the price, and where it's
    >>> available?
    >>>
    >>> Many thanks for any replies. This is rather urgent as I've left this
    >>> to the last minute, as usual.
    >>>

    >> Try Red River Paper, I don't know what their shipping will be from the
    >> US to
    >> Australia, but I know they make good paper and have several 2 sided photo
    >> papers.
    >>
    >> http://www.redrivercatalog.com
    >

    > Unfortunately I only have access to newsgroups right now, so I can't
    > check their site. Does anyone have a minute to check that site and let
    > me know part numbers, prices, and shipping costs? I want at least 100
    > sheets. Thanks heaps if you can.

    Kodak's stuff comes in 75 sheet packs. It's the best proofing paper
    made, and ideal for CD inserts.

    David
  5. Archived from groups: aus.computers,comp.periphs.printers,melb.general,rec.photo.digital (More info?)

    "Chris Stumpf" <cstumpf@monmouth.com> wrote in message
    > On Thu, 27 May 2004 22:40:03 GMT, BenOne wrote:

    <snip>

    > Try Red River Paper, I don't know what their shipping will be from the US
    > Australia, but I know they make good paper and have several 2 sided photo
    > papers.
    >
    > http://www.redrivercatalog.com

    A problem with buying paper from the US is that you won't be able to get
    A4/A3 as Americans use different paper sizing standardsto us. For example
    their
    letter size paper is roughly equivalent to A4, but it's not an exact match
    (it's slightly shorter, but a little wider). Not sure what you want to do
    with the prints but you may find the paper doesn't fit whatever you want to
    put it in/on. It probably seems like an insignificant drawback but I speak
    from somewhat bitter experience. Of course you may be able to get a bigger
    size and cut it down to the right size, but then you're probably wasting
    money in the long run.

    HTH

    Peter Knight
  6. Archived from groups: aus.computers,comp.periphs.printers,melb.general,rec.photo.digital (More info?)

    > Kodak's stuff comes in 75 sheet packs. It's the best proofing paper
    > made,

    lol!
  7. Archived from groups: aus.computers,melb.general,comp.periphs.printers,rec.photo.digital (More info?)

    BenOne© <nosp@m.thanks.mate> wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > I'm about to take the plunge and buy the latest A4 or A3 printer from Canon and
    > I need some A3 or A4 gloss or semi-gloss photo paper that can be printed on both
    > sides. Ideally it would be between 100gsm and 150gsm in weight.
    >
    > I either want to buy locally (Melbourne, Australia), or from an on-line retailer
    > that offers something other than courier rates for shipping (if overseas) as
    > that would probably double the cost of the paper.
    >
    > Can anyone recommend a specific paper, the price, and where it's available?
    >
    > Many thanks for any replies. This is rather urgent as I've left this to the last
    > minute, as usual.

    Couple years ago, I saw local SAM's Club carried double-sided Glossy Photo
    Paper made by Kodak.

    Also, couple years ago I have tried Kodak Glossy paper on the old Epson
    500 and it worked fine *but* not the newer Epson Stylus Photo 750 (I think)
    or any Stylus Photo ptinter at that time. I haven't printed any lately to
    know if their newer will work with newer Stylus Photo printer or not. Now,
    I take my photos to either Wal-Mart or SAM's Club and it's cheaper and last
    much longer than inkjet (20 cents for 4x6 and $2.90 for 8x10) unless I print
    on refill ink and onsale photo paper.
  8. Archived from groups: aus.computers,melb.general,comp.periphs.printers,rec.photo.digital (More info?)

    Joel wrote:
    > BenOne© <nosp@m.thanks.mate> wrote:
    >

    >>Hi,
    >>
    >>I'm about to take the plunge and buy the latest A4 or A3 printer from Canon and
    >>I need some A3 or A4 gloss or semi-gloss photo paper that can be printed on both
    >>sides. Ideally it would be between 100gsm and 150gsm in weight.
    >>
    >>I either want to buy locally (Melbourne, Australia), or from an on-line retailer
    >>that offers something other than courier rates for shipping (if overseas) as
    >>that would probably double the cost of the paper.
    >>
    >>Can anyone recommend a specific paper, the price, and where it's available?
    >>
    >>Many thanks for any replies. This is rather urgent as I've left this to the last
    >>minute, as usual.
    >

    > Couple years ago, I saw local SAM's Club carried double-sided Glossy Photo
    > Paper made by Kodak.
    >
    > Also, couple years ago I have tried Kodak Glossy paper on the old Epson
    > 500 and it worked fine *but* not the newer Epson Stylus Photo 750 (I think)
    > or any Stylus Photo ptinter at that time. I haven't printed any lately to
    > know if their newer will work with newer Stylus Photo printer or not. Now,
    > I take my photos to either Wal-Mart or SAM's Club and it's cheaper and last
    > much longer than inkjet (20 cents for 4x6 and $2.90 for 8x10) unless I print
    > on refill ink and onsale photo paper.

    We use Kodak double sided on a R210 printer was a 700 for reports. The
    paper seems to wrinkle where the photo has been printed as if too much
    ink has been deposited. This eventually does not matter as it flattens
    in the report. The setting are of importance, where you don't use high
    quality picture mode, this exacerbates the problem.
  9. Archived from groups: aus.computers,melb.general,comp.periphs.printers,rec.photo.digital (More info?)

    BenOne© <nosp@m.thanks.mate> wrote in message news:<meq59c.7eq.ln@192.168.11.2>...
    > Hi,
    >
    > I'm about to take the plunge and buy the latest A4 or A3 printer from Canon and
    > I need some A3 or A4 gloss or semi-gloss photo paper that can be printed on both
    > sides. Ideally it would be between 100gsm and 150gsm in weight.
    >
    > I either want to buy locally (Melbourne, Australia), or from an on-line retailer
    > that offers something other than courier rates for shipping (if overseas) as
    > that would probably double the cost of the paper.
    >
    > Can anyone recommend a specific paper, the price, and where it's available?
    >
    > Many thanks for any replies. This is rather urgent as I've left this to the last
    > minute, as usual.

    Not sure if this is available in Australia, but Tetenal makes Duo
    Print Paper 130g, which I have used quite a bit. It works well on my
    Epson 2100 (just as a reference).

    Laurence
  10. Archived from groups: aus.computers,melb.general,comp.periphs.printers,rec.photo.digital (More info?)

    BenOne© <nosp@m.thanks.mate> wrote in message news:<meq59c.7eq.ln@192.168.11.2>...
    > Hi,
    >
    > I'm about to take the plunge and buy the latest A4 or A3 printer from Canon and
    > I need some A3 or A4 gloss or semi-gloss photo paper that can be printed on both
    > sides. Ideally it would be between 100gsm and 150gsm in weight.
    >
    > I either want to buy locally (Melbourne, Australia), or from an on-line retailer
    > that offers something other than courier rates for shipping (if overseas) as
    > that would probably double the cost of the paper.
    >
    > Can anyone recommend a specific paper, the price, and where it's available?
    >
    > Many thanks for any replies. This is rather urgent as I've left this to the last
    > minute, as usual.

    Not sure if this is available in Australia, but Tetenal makes Duo
    Print Paper 130g, which I have used quite a bit. It works well on my
    Epson 2100 (just as a reference).

    Laurence
  11. Archived from groups: aus.computers,melb.general,comp.periphs.printers,rec.photo.digital (More info?)

    Laurence Matson wrote:

    > BenOne© <nosp@m.thanks.mate> wrote in message news:<meq59c.7eq.ln@192.168.11.2>...
    >
    >>Hi,
    >>
    >>I'm about to take the plunge and buy the latest A4 or A3 printer from Canon and
    >>I need some A3 or A4 gloss or semi-gloss photo paper that can be printed on both
    >>sides. Ideally it would be between 100gsm and 150gsm in weight.
    >>
    >>I either want to buy locally (Melbourne, Australia), or from an on-line retailer
    >>that offers something other than courier rates for shipping (if overseas) as
    >>that would probably double the cost of the paper.
    >>
    >>Can anyone recommend a specific paper, the price, and where it's available?
    >>
    >>Many thanks for any replies. This is rather urgent as I've left this to the last
    >>minute, as usual.
    >

    > Not sure if this is available in Australia, but Tetenal makes Duo
    > Print Paper 130g, which I have used quite a bit. It works well on my
    > Epson 2100 (just as a reference).
    >
    > Laurence

    Agents foe Tetenal paper are Adeal - in Victoria.

    It is available.
  12. Archived from groups: aus.computers,melb.general,comp.periphs.printers,rec.photo.digital (More info?)

    me wrote:
    > Laurence Matson wrote:
    >
    >> BenOne© <nosp@m.thanks.mate> wrote in message
    >>
    >>> Hi,
    >>>
    >>> I'm about to take the plunge and buy the latest A4 or A3 printer from
    >>> Canon and I need some A3 or A4 gloss or semi-gloss photo paper that
    >>> can be printed on both sides. Ideally it would be between 100gsm and
    >>> 150gsm in weight.
    >>>
    >>> I either want to buy locally (Melbourne, Australia), or from an
    >>> on-line retailer that offers something other than courier rates for
    >>> shipping (if overseas) as that would probably double the cost of the
    >>> paper.
    >>>
    >>> Can anyone recommend a specific paper, the price, and where it's
    >>> available?
    >>>
    >>> Many thanks for any replies. This is rather urgent as I've left this
    >>> to the last minute, as usual.
    >>

    >> Not sure if this is available in Australia, but Tetenal makes Duo
    >> Print Paper 130g, which I have used quite a bit. It works well on my
    >> Epson 2100 (just as a reference).
    >>
    >> Laurence
    >

    > Agents foe Tetenal paper are Adeal - in Victoria.
    >
    > It is available.

    Thanks to all for the replies.

    Canon i9950 is being delivered today, so I've got get my act together and buy
    some paper.

    It seem A3 is available in the US but A4 isn't (only letter) which isn't really
    a problem as the brochures I want to print don't have to be A4.

Printers Photo Inkjet Peripherals