Logitech Webcam Pro 4000 being recognized as "USB Device",..

I have an ASUS P4S800 motherboard with XP Pro Service Pack 2. I have
tried to connect a new Webcam Pro 4000 repeatedly with no success.

It is not like other devices that are detected as <name of device>,
but is only recognized as "USB Device", followed by "USB Audio
Device".

When XP tries to find a driver for it, XP of course fails.

I have tried a few other devices that I happen to have. They all work
just fine.
I have tried:
- MS Sidewinder Pro Joystick
- AIPTek Thumb Disk (forget the exact name, but one of those solid
state disk things :-))
- Bluetooth USB dongle (this is the one I expected NOT to work :-))
- ActiveSync Hotsync cable to my Ipaq 1945

The retail store has replaced the Webcam so I dont think that the unit
is at fault.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks so much in advance,

Joe
4 answers Last reply
More about logitech webcam 4000 recognized device

    after plugging the device in the port install it drivers and then you will
    be able to use your webcam

    --
    The Best IT Community Portal!
    www.helpline4it.com
    "Joe" <jwdaigle@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > I have an ASUS P4S800 motherboard with XP Pro Service Pack 2. I have
    > tried to connect a new Webcam Pro 4000 repeatedly with no success.
    >
    > It is not like other devices that are detected as <name of device>,
    > but is only recognized as "USB Device", followed by "USB Audio
    > Device".
    >
    > When XP tries to find a driver for it, XP of course fails.
    >

    > I have tried a few other devices that I happen to have. They all work
    > just fine.
    > I have tried:
    > - MS Sidewinder Pro Joystick
    > - AIPTek Thumb Disk (forget the exact name, but one of those solid
    > state disk things :-))
    > - Bluetooth USB dongle (this is the one I expected NOT to work :-))
    > - ActiveSync Hotsync cable to my Ipaq 1945
    >
    > The retail store has replaced the Webcam so I dont think that the unit
    > is at fault.
    >
    > Anyone have any ideas?
    >
    > Thanks so much in advance,
    >
    > Joe
  2. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware,alt.comp.periphs.webcam (More info?)

    Thank you, I had assumed that since the 4000 was on MSs "supported on
    XP hardware list", the drivers would be built in.

    Now an even stupider question. Where can I get the drivers? I looked
    on Logitech's site, and the only download I can see is for some
    QuickCam Software. 40 MB s!

    I am one of the few in the universe that still has a dialup line at
    33K. Are they trying to tell me that their driver is 40 Megabytes?

    There has got to be a more realistic way of getting the cam to work
    than downloading a 40 Megabyte driver. I am going to use XP Messenger
    video for it anyway, so I dont care about all the rest of the stuff
    they may provide.

    Thanks,

    Joe

    "Microsoft" <testin186@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<uyZDkqkkEHA.1356@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl>...
    > after plugging the device in the port install it drivers and then you will
    > be able to use your webcam
    >
    > --
    > The Best IT Community Portal!
    > www.helpline4it.com
    > "Joe" <jwdaigle@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > > I have an ASUS P4S800 motherboard with XP Pro Service Pack 2. I have
    > > tried to connect a new Webcam Pro 4000 repeatedly with no success.
    > >
    > > It is not like other devices that are detected as <name of device>,
    > > but is only recognized as "USB Device", followed by "USB Audio
    > > Device".
    > >
    > > When XP tries to find a driver for it, XP of course fails.
    > >

    > > I have tried a few other devices that I happen to have. They all work
    > > just fine.
    > > I have tried:
    > > - MS Sidewinder Pro Joystick
    > > - AIPTek Thumb Disk (forget the exact name, but one of those solid
    > > state disk things :-))
    > > - Bluetooth USB dongle (this is the one I expected NOT to work :-))
    > > - ActiveSync Hotsync cable to my Ipaq 1945
    > >

    > > Anyone have any ideas?
    > >
    > > Thanks so much in advance,
    > >
    > > Joe
  3. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware,alt.comp.periphs.webcam (More info?)

    Joe wrote:

    > Thank you, I had assumed that since the 4000 was on MSs "supported on
    > XP hardware list", the drivers would be built in.
    >
    > Now an even stupider question. Where can I get the drivers? I looked
    > on Logitech's site, and the only download I can see is for some
    > QuickCam Software. 40 MB s!
    >
    > I am one of the few in the universe that still has a dialup line at
    > 33K. Are they trying to tell me that their driver is 40 Megabytes?
    >
    > There has got to be a more realistic way of getting the cam to work
    > than downloading a 40 Megabyte driver. I am going to use XP Messenger
    > video for it anyway, so I dont care about all the rest of the stuff
    > they may provide.
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Joe
    >

    > "Microsoft" <testin186@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<uyZDkqkkEHA.1356@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl>...
    >
    >>after plugging the device in the port install it drivers and then you will
    >>be able to use your webcam
    >>
    >>--
    >>The Best IT Community Portal!
    >>www.helpline4it.com
    >>"Joe" <jwdaigle@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >>
    >>>I have an ASUS P4S800 motherboard with XP Pro Service Pack 2. I have
    >>>tried to connect a new Webcam Pro 4000 repeatedly with no success.
    >>>
    >>>It is not like other devices that are detected as <name of device>,
    >>>but is only recognized as "USB Device", followed by "USB Audio
    >>>Device".
    >>>
    >>>When XP tries to find a driver for it, XP of course fails.
    >>>

    >>>I have tried a few other devices that I happen to have. They all work
    >>>just fine.
    >>>I have tried:
    >>>- MS Sidewinder Pro Joystick
    >>>- AIPTek Thumb Disk (forget the exact name, but one of those solid
    >>>state disk things :-))
    >>>- Bluetooth USB dongle (this is the one I expected NOT to work :-))
    >>>- ActiveSync Hotsync cable to my Ipaq 1945
    >>>

    >>>Anyone have any ideas?
    >>>
    >>>Thanks so much in advance,
    >>>
    >>>Joe
    is there anyone in the uk who could help me - my Quickcam software 8.2.0
    wont install because there is a problem with the installer it freezes
    and crashes first the software on cd and then the computer - it loads
    demo32.exe then nothing - this is the install shield software.

    i want to get the latest quickcam software but 40 mb and only got dialup

    56k - using ntl - connection cuts out after 2hrs!

    Has anyone else had a problem the installation software that comes with
    quickcam pro 4000?
  4. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware,alt.comp.periphs.webcam (More info?)

    if you have or can set up an email account to hold the total bytes I'll
    gladly spit it up into a few pieces and send it via attachments from Florida
    in-between wind gusts.

Webcams USB Devices Windows XP