Logitech Webcam Pro 4000 being recognized as "USB Device",..

September 3, 2004 5:39:14 AM

I have an ASUS P4S800 motherboard with XP Pro Service Pack 2. I have
tried to connect a new Webcam Pro 4000 repeatedly with no success.

It is not like other devices that are detected as <name of device>,
but is only recognized as "USB Device", followed by "USB Audio
Device".

When XP tries to find a driver for it, XP of course fails.

I have tried a few other devices that I happen to have. They all work
just fine.
I have tried:
- MS Sidewinder Pro Joystick
- AIPTek Thumb Disk (forget the exact name, but one of those solid
state disk things :-))
- Bluetooth USB dongle (this is the one I expected NOT to work :-))
- ActiveSync Hotsync cable to my Ipaq 1945

The retail store has replaced the Webcam so I dont think that the unit
is at fault.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks so much in advance,

Joe

More about : logitech webcam pro 4000 recognized usb device

Anonymous
September 4, 2004 3:48:14 PM

after plugging the device in the port install it drivers and then you will
be able to use your webcam

--
The Best IT Community Portal!
www.helpline4it.com
"Joe" <jwdaigle@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I have an ASUS P4S800 motherboard with XP Pro Service Pack 2. I have
> tried to connect a new Webcam Pro 4000 repeatedly with no success.
>
> It is not like other devices that are detected as <name of device>,
> but is only recognized as "USB Device", followed by "USB Audio
> Device".
>
> When XP tries to find a driver for it, XP of course fails.
>

> I have tried a few other devices that I happen to have. They all work
> just fine.
> I have tried:
> - MS Sidewinder Pro Joystick
> - AIPTek Thumb Disk (forget the exact name, but one of those solid
> state disk things :-))
> - Bluetooth USB dongle (this is the one I expected NOT to work :-))
> - ActiveSync Hotsync cable to my Ipaq 1945
>
> The retail store has replaced the Webcam so I dont think that the unit
> is at fault.
>
> Anyone have any ideas?
>
> Thanks so much in advance,
>
> Joe
September 4, 2004 11:51:13 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware,alt.comp.periphs.webcam (More info?)

Thank you, I had assumed that since the 4000 was on MSs "supported on
XP hardware list", the drivers would be built in.

Now an even stupider question. Where can I get the drivers? I looked
on Logitech's site, and the only download I can see is for some
QuickCam Software. 40 MB s!

I am one of the few in the universe that still has a dialup line at
33K. Are they trying to tell me that their driver is 40 Megabytes?

There has got to be a more realistic way of getting the cam to work
than downloading a 40 Megabyte driver. I am going to use XP Messenger
video for it anyway, so I dont care about all the rest of the stuff
they may provide.

Thanks,

Joe

"Microsoft" <testin186@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<uyZDkqkkEHA.1356@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl>...
> after plugging the device in the port install it drivers and then you will
> be able to use your webcam
>
> --
> The Best IT Community Portal!
> www.helpline4it.com
> "Joe" <jwdaigle@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > I have an ASUS P4S800 motherboard with XP Pro Service Pack 2. I have
> > tried to connect a new Webcam Pro 4000 repeatedly with no success.
> >
> > It is not like other devices that are detected as <name of device>,
> > but is only recognized as "USB Device", followed by "USB Audio
> > Device".
> >
> > When XP tries to find a driver for it, XP of course fails.
> >

> > I have tried a few other devices that I happen to have. They all work
> > just fine.
> > I have tried:
> > - MS Sidewinder Pro Joystick
> > - AIPTek Thumb Disk (forget the exact name, but one of those solid
> > state disk things :-))
> > - Bluetooth USB dongle (this is the one I expected NOT to work :-))
> > - ActiveSync Hotsync cable to my Ipaq 1945
> >

> > Anyone have any ideas?
> >
> > Thanks so much in advance,
> >
> > Joe
September 9, 2004 11:00:54 AM

Joe wrote:

> Thank you, I had assumed that since the 4000 was on MSs "supported on
> XP hardware list", the drivers would be built in.
>
> Now an even stupider question. Where can I get the drivers? I looked
> on Logitech's site, and the only download I can see is for some
> QuickCam Software. 40 MB s!
>
> I am one of the few in the universe that still has a dialup line at
> 33K. Are they trying to tell me that their driver is 40 Megabytes?
>
> There has got to be a more realistic way of getting the cam to work
> than downloading a 40 Megabyte driver. I am going to use XP Messenger
> video for it anyway, so I dont care about all the rest of the stuff
> they may provide.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Joe
>

> "Microsoft" <testin186@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<uyZDkqkkEHA.1356@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl>...
>
>>after plugging the device in the port install it drivers and then you will
>>be able to use your webcam
>>
>>--
>>The Best IT Community Portal!
>>www.helpline4it.com
>>"Joe" <jwdaigle@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>
>>>I have an ASUS P4S800 motherboard with XP Pro Service Pack 2. I have
>>>tried to connect a new Webcam Pro 4000 repeatedly with no success.
>>>
>>>It is not like other devices that are detected as <name of device>,
>>>but is only recognized as "USB Device", followed by "USB Audio
>>>Device".
>>>
>>>When XP tries to find a driver for it, XP of course fails.
>>>

>>>I have tried a few other devices that I happen to have. They all work
>>>just fine.
>>>I have tried:
>>>- MS Sidewinder Pro Joystick
>>>- AIPTek Thumb Disk (forget the exact name, but one of those solid
>>>state disk things :-))
>>>- Bluetooth USB dongle (this is the one I expected NOT to work :-))
>>>- ActiveSync Hotsync cable to my Ipaq 1945
>>>

>>>Anyone have any ideas?
>>>
>>>Thanks so much in advance,
>>>
>>>Joe
is there anyone in the uk who could help me - my Quickcam software 8.2.0
wont install because there is a problem with the installer it freezes
and crashes first the software on cd and then the computer - it loads
demo32.exe then nothing - this is the install shield software.

i want to get the latest quickcam software but 40 mb and only got dialup

56k - using ntl - connection cuts out after 2hrs!

Has anyone else had a problem the installation software that comes with
quickcam pro 4000?
Anonymous
September 9, 2004 6:08:41 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware,alt.comp.periphs.webcam (More info?)

if you have or can set up an email account to hold the total bytes I'll
gladly spit it up into a few pieces and send it via attachments from Florida
in-between wind gusts.

!