a7n8x-x... what kind of mem will do work better...

A got an a7n8x-x nf2

i plan to by a dual channel ddr kit. (for a future mobo)

But i can't chose between these two kits.
--> Corsair 1024Mb DDR [400] *TWINX1024-3200C2 $173.00 can

Or this one that is the same but got some spec that make me think that
it is a bit better.

--> Corsair 1024Mb DDR [400] TWINX1024-3200C2PRO $190.00 can

I know that the major difference is the activity lights on it but on
the web site of corsair they said that this mem the "Pro" as more
surface to dissipate the heat so i guess the pro would be a good over
clocker.

And finally can this kit work at a lower fsb like going from 400 to
333mhz?

Thank.

ddc

Paul

Splendid

In article <7r5ja1dgg73gvc6t394hio0u5i7mo18c76@4ax.com>, DDC
<whatsnow@yahoo.ca> wrote:

> A got an a7n8x-x nf2
>
> i plan to by a dual channel ddr kit. (for a future mobo)
>

> But i can't chose between these two kits.
> --> Corsair 1024Mb DDR [400] *TWINX1024-3200C2 $173.00 can
>
> Or this one that is the same but got some spec that make me think that
> it is a bit better.
>
> --> Corsair 1024Mb DDR [400] TWINX1024-3200C2PRO $190.00 can
>
> I know that the major difference is the activity lights on it but on
> the web site of corsair they said that this mem the "Pro" as more
> surface to dissipate the heat so i guess the pro would be a good over
> clocker.
>
> And finally can this kit work at a lower fsb like going from 400 to
> 333mhz?
>
> Thank.
>
> ddc

I cannot think of a good reason for buying the "blinking lights".
If both memories have the same timings, then buy the cheaper one.

Extreme cooling is needed if you are going to use extreme
voltage. For example, if you were using a RAM that runs at
4 volts, you would want good cooling. If, on the other hand, the
memory will be running at 2.7 or 2.8V, there is no reason to
be fixated on getting more surface area on the DIMM.

Heat spreaders don't always help, if for example, they make
the DIMM so thick, that air cannot come between adjacent
memory modules.

If you want cooling, using memory without a heat spreader, and
placing a fan above the DIMMs, would be better than just a
heat spreader by itself.

As for the speed question, a DDR400 module can run at DDR333,
DDR266, DDR200, and still work. You can see this, if you
download a datasheet for a DRAM chip from a site like
Micron.com .

Paul

On Sat, 11 Jun 2005 00:04:10 -0400, nospam@needed.com (Paul) wrote:

>In article <7r5ja1dgg73gvc6t394hio0u5i7mo18c76@4ax.com>, DDC
><whatsnow@yahoo.ca> wrote:
>
>> A got an a7n8x-x nf2
>>
>> i plan to by a dual channel ddr kit. (for a future mobo)
>>

>> But i can't chose between these two kits.
>> --> Corsair 1024Mb DDR [400] *TWINX1024-3200C2 $173.00 can
>>
>> Or this one that is the same but got some spec that make me think that
>> it is a bit better.
>>
>> --> Corsair 1024Mb DDR [400] TWINX1024-3200C2PRO $190.00 can
>>
>> I know that the major difference is the activity lights on it but on
>> the web site of corsair they said that this mem the "Pro" as more
>> surface to dissipate the heat so i guess the pro would be a good over
>> clocker.
>>
>> And finally can this kit work at a lower fsb like going from 400 to
>> 333mhz?
>>
>> Thank.
>>
>> ddc
>
>I cannot think of a good reason for buying the "blinking lights".
>If both memories have the same timings, then buy the cheaper one.

As i said the flashing light wasnn't in my first priority. But if the
chip as some characteristic that fit my needs i will get these.
http://www.corsairmemory.com/corsair/products/specs/twinx1024-3200c2pro.pdf

>Extreme cooling is needed if you are going to use extreme
>voltage. For example, if you were using a RAM that runs at
>4 volts, you would want good cooling. If, on the other hand, the
>memory will be running at 2.7 or 2.8V, there is no reason to
>be fixated on getting more surface area on the DIMM.

i thought that heat spreaders on memory chip was working as those's we
see on CPU, even if they are passive. Plus on the corsair web site
they say that this chip the "Corsair 1024Mb DDR [400]
TWINX1024-3200C2PRO" got some sort of process call thermally bonded
witch the non pro don't. Also the heat spreader got +95% more of
surface witch i would say, it help to dissipate the heat. Just with
all the mass that is around the chips i would tend to believe that,
this is a +

I just need some confirmation with some link that explain that

>Heat spreaders don't always help, if for example, they make
>the DIMM so thick, that air cannot come between adjacent
>memory modules.
>
>If you want cooling, using memory without a heat spreader, and
>placing a fan above the DIMMs, would be better than just a
>heat spreader by itself.

I would tend to mix the two as it's done on CPU.

>As for the speed question, a DDR400 module can run at DDR333,
>DDR266, DDR200, and still work. You can see this, if you
>download a datasheet for a DRAM chip from a site like
>Micron.com .

they don't say anything on that but i guess it ok. Only one thing that
remain is my Kingston 333mhz, will that fit with a dual kit 2X512mbs
of corsair mem 400mhz. the 2 brand are working mostly at the same
timing 2.5 3 3 6 for the corsair and the last # is 7 for the Kingston.
> Paul

Here is a funny link for those who use win xp... see how much mem you
need for gamming...$$$
http://www.corsair.com/corsair/system_select.html

Go to the following url at the bottom of the page you'll see all memory
brand for your motherboard.
http://usa.asus.com/prog/spec.asp?m=A7N8X-X&langs=09