A7N8X Deluxe

Can I use an A7N8X Deluxe without ACPI (Windows XP) installed?
I mean, do the BIOS settings change something.. IRQ assigning?
I have tried on some GHz Boards to change the IRQ, like assigning USB to
IRQ4, VGA to IRQ9....
But it did´nt change !? It was not a ASUS. A KT400 Chipset Board, or
something like this. AMD 2400.

Can I use a DDR400 cl3 RAM as DDR266 Cl.2 (Full Throttle)?
What do I need for using DUAL channel?

I have here a Palomino XP1800 (Hot Version)

Best Regards,

Daniel Mandic

mercury

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2001

ACPI lets windows asign IRQ's and other resources to devices. The drivers
indicate preferences and ACPI dishes out the IRQ's according to some scheme.

You are unlikely to see benefit from fiddling with IRQ's - if you have
specific problems look for driver updates. See the above post.