xp sp2 disabled all usb ports

After installing xp sp2 I can no longer use my wireless
keyboard and wireless mouse as well as my usb memory
device is not detected either. I have seen something
regarding security issues with usb devices after an
upgrade to sp2. Any help out there??
2 answers Last reply
More about disabled ports

    Try reinstalling your chipset drivers if possible. These are on the
    support CD for your motherboard or you can go to your motherboard
    maker's website and download the latest version. Even better if you
    know what chipset it is, then go to the chipset maker's website and get
    the drivers there.

    ----
    Nathan McNulty

    Craig wrote:
    > After installing xp sp2 I can no longer use my wireless
    > keyboard and wireless mouse as well as my usb memory
    > device is not detected either. I have seen something
    > regarding security issues with usb devices after an
    > upgrade to sp2. Any help out there??

    Try this:
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=873169

    To get my USB back after SP2 all I had to do was in Device Manager
    select Update Driver for the first few USB entries

    Craig wrote:
    > After installing xp sp2 I can no longer use my wireless
    > keyboard and wireless mouse as well as my usb memory
    > device is not detected either. I have seen something
    > regarding security issues with usb devices after an
    > upgrade to sp2. Any help out there??

USB Devices Windows XP