xp sp2 disabled all usb ports

September 3, 2004 3:12:07 PM

After installing xp sp2 I can no longer use my wireless
keyboard and wireless mouse as well as my usb memory
device is not detected either. I have seen something
regarding security issues with usb devices after an
upgrade to sp2. Any help out there??

More about : sp2 disabled usb ports

Anonymous
September 3, 2004 4:10:13 PM

Try reinstalling your chipset drivers if possible. These are on the
support CD for your motherboard or you can go to your motherboard
maker's website and download the latest version. Even better if you
know what chipset it is, then go to the chipset maker's website and get
the drivers there.

----
Nathan McNulty

Craig wrote:
> After installing xp sp2 I can no longer use my wireless
> keyboard and wireless mouse as well as my usb memory
> device is not detected either. I have seen something
> regarding security issues with usb devices after an
> upgrade to sp2. Any help out there??
Anonymous
September 3, 2004 10:14:35 PM

Try this:
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=873169

To get my USB back after SP2 all I had to do was in Device Manager
select Update Driver for the first few USB entries

!