My flat screen isn't scrolling smoothly

September 3, 2004 4:53:03 PM

Dudes, I got a dell - I've got a nice 19" flat screen monitor. The problem
I'm having happens when I scroll down through a page, or pages. It's like
the refresh rate is too slow, or the screen can't keep up with action.
Instead of smoothly scrolling down, it's jumpy. Let's say I give the wheel
on the mouse a couple of whirls. The screen is sturggling to keep up; in
fact it can't. At first I thought this was something inherent to flat
screens, but my flat screen at work doesn't have this problem. My work
computer is older, and also a dell. I thought the problem might be related
to my graphics card. That is working fine. Any suggestions?
Anonymous
September 3, 2004 7:18:17 PM

Hello

Call Dell get a replacement monitor

Al

KaBone wrote:

> Dudes, I got a dell - I've got a nice 19" flat screen monitor. The problem
> I'm having happens when I scroll down through a page, or pages. It's like
> the refresh rate is too slow, or the screen can't keep up with action.
> Instead of smoothly scrolling down, it's jumpy. Let's say I give the wheel
> on the mouse a couple of whirls. The screen is sturggling to keep up; in
> fact it can't. At first I thought this was something inherent to flat
> screens, but my flat screen at work doesn't have this problem. My work
> computer is older, and also a dell. I thought the problem might be related
> to my graphics card. That is working fine. Any suggestions?
September 4, 2004 1:19:59 AM

Is your monitor a crt or lcd? Have you checked what the mouse wheel
settings are? Have you tried calling Dell and asking them.
!