My flat screen isn't scrolling smoothly

Dudes, I got a dell - I've got a nice 19" flat screen monitor. The problem
I'm having happens when I scroll down through a page, or pages. It's like
the refresh rate is too slow, or the screen can't keep up with action.
Instead of smoothly scrolling down, it's jumpy. Let's say I give the wheel
on the mouse a couple of whirls. The screen is sturggling to keep up; in
fact it can't. At first I thought this was something inherent to flat
screens, but my flat screen at work doesn't have this problem. My work
computer is older, and also a dell. I thought the problem might be related
to my graphics card. That is working fine. Any suggestions?
2 answers Last reply
More about flat screen scrolling smoothly

    Hello

    Call Dell get a replacement monitor

    Al

    KaBone wrote:

    > Dudes, I got a dell - I've got a nice 19" flat screen monitor. The problem
    > I'm having happens when I scroll down through a page, or pages. It's like
    > the refresh rate is too slow, or the screen can't keep up with action.
    > Instead of smoothly scrolling down, it's jumpy. Let's say I give the wheel
    > on the mouse a couple of whirls. The screen is sturggling to keep up; in
    > fact it can't. At first I thought this was something inherent to flat
    > screens, but my flat screen at work doesn't have this problem. My work
    > computer is older, and also a dell. I thought the problem might be related
    > to my graphics card. That is working fine. Any suggestions?

    Is your monitor a crt or lcd? Have you checked what the mouse wheel
    settings are? Have you tried calling Dell and asking them.
    "KaBone" <KaBone@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    Dudes, I got a dell - I've got a nice 19" flat screen monitor. The problem
    I'm having happens when I scroll down through a page, or pages. It's like
    the refresh rate is too slow, or the screen can't keep up with action.
    Instead of smoothly scrolling down, it's jumpy. Let's say I give the wheel
    on the mouse a couple of whirls. The screen is sturggling to keep up; in
    fact it can't. At first I thought this was something inherent to flat
    screens, but my flat screen at work doesn't have this problem. My work
    computer is older, and also a dell. I thought the problem might be related
    to my graphics card. That is working fine. Any suggestions?

Flat Screen Windows XP