Which mobo? a7n8x-x or a7n8x-deluxe?

Vin

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2003

I'm choosing between these 2 mothers, ok? but...

If we leave behind the facts that the deluxe version comes with dual
channel, sata and dual lan.
which mother do you think it's better? (evaluate this as i would never,
never use the benefits mention after, cost/benefits and for gaming use!)

I also dont like the fact that if i want to use my 3200+ xp, i had to update
the bios! ;( anyone thinks the same?

What do you think about the multimedia chip? what is AGP pro? which mother
is more tolerant to generic pc3200 memos?

Thanks all in advance, it really hope you can help me with.

Vini

"Vin" <vin@adinet.com.uy> wrote in message
> I'm choosing between these 2 mothers, ok? but...
>
> If we leave behind the facts that the deluxe version comes with dual
> channel, sata and dual lan.
> which mother do you think it's better? (evaluate this as i would never,
> never use the benefits mention after, cost/benefits and for gaming use!)
>
> I also dont like the fact that if i want to use my 3200+ xp, i had to
> update
> the bios! ;( anyone thinks the same?
>
> What do you think about the multimedia chip? what is AGP pro? which mother
> is more tolerant to generic pc3200 memos?
>
> Thanks all in advance, it really hope you can help me with.
>
> Vini

Same basic board. If you can do without the features of the -Deluxe and
don't care about dual channel support (small performance increase), save $$
on the -X.
I have both here, and both had no problems with the Geil and Samsung PC 3200
I use in them. Both are running at 11x200 (XP 3200+) with no BIOS updates
from receipt, well over 18 months ago. Why do you think you'll have to
update the BIOS?

Vin

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2003

first of all, thanks for your answer! :)

Next, the Asus web page say that the deluxe version supports fsb400 after
some bios version i cant remember right now!
I just hope the board came with the last version. ;)

"Peter van der Goes" <p_vandergoes@toadstool.u> escribió en el mensaje

> "Vin" <vin@adinet.com.uy> wrote in message
>> I'm choosing between these 2 mothers, ok? but...
>>
>> If we leave behind the facts that the deluxe version comes with dual
>> channel, sata and dual lan.
>> which mother do you think it's better? (evaluate this as i would never,
>> never use the benefits mention after, cost/benefits and for gaming use!)
>>
>> I also dont like the fact that if i want to use my 3200+ xp, i had to
>> update
>> the bios! ;( anyone thinks the same?
>>
>> What do you think about the multimedia chip? what is AGP pro? which
>> mother
>> is more tolerant to generic pc3200 memos?
>>
>> Thanks all in advance, it really hope you can help me with.
>>
>> Vini
>>

> Same basic board. If you can do without the features of the -Deluxe and
> don't care about dual channel support (small performance increase), save
> $$ on the -X.
> I have both here, and both had no problems with the Geil and Samsung PC
> 3200 I use in them. Both are running at 11x200 (XP 3200+) with no BIOS
> updates from receipt, well over 18 months ago. Why do you think you'll
> have to update the BIOS?

norm

They both supports 400fsb out of the box....I own both

> first of all, thanks for your answer! :)
>
> Next, the Asus web page say that the deluxe version supports fsb400 after
> some bios version i cant remember right now!
> I just hope the board came with the last version. ;)
>

> "Peter van der Goes" <p_vandergoes@toadstool.u> escribió en el mensaje
>>
>> "Vin" <vin@adinet.com.uy> wrote in message
>>> I'm choosing between these 2 mothers, ok? but...
>>>
>>> If we leave behind the facts that the deluxe version comes with dual
>>> channel, sata and dual lan.
>>> which mother do you think it's better? (evaluate this as i would never,
>>> never use the benefits mention after, cost/benefits and for gaming use!)
>>>
>>> I also dont like the fact that if i want to use my 3200+ xp, i had to
>>> update
>>> the bios! ;( anyone thinks the same?
>>>
>>> What do you think about the multimedia chip? what is AGP pro? which
>>> mother
>>> is more tolerant to generic pc3200 memos?
>>>
>>> Thanks all in advance, it really hope you can help me with.
>>>
>>> Vini
>>>

>> Same basic board. If you can do without the features of the -Deluxe and
>> don't care about dual channel support (small performance increase), save
>> $$ on the -X.
>> I have both here, and both had no problems with the Geil and Samsung PC
>> 3200 I use in them. Both are running at 11x200 (XP 3200+) with no BIOS
>> updates from receipt, well over 18 months ago. Why do you think you'll
>> have to update the BIOS?

norm

correction the A7N8X V2.0 supports 200fsb
"Norm" <Here@here.com> wrote in message
> They both supports 400fsb out of the box....I own both
>
> "Vin" <vin@adinet.com.uy> wrote in message
>> first of all, thanks for your answer! :)
>>
>> Next, the Asus web page say that the deluxe version supports fsb400 after
>> some bios version i cant remember right now!
>> I just hope the board came with the last version. ;)
>>

>> "Peter van der Goes" <p_vandergoes@toadstool.u> escribió en el mensaje
>>>
>>> "Vin" <vin@adinet.com.uy> wrote in message

>>> Same basic board. If you can do without the features of the -Deluxe and
>>> don't care about dual channel support (small performance increase), save
>>> $$ on the -X.
>>> I have both here, and both had no problems with the Geil and Samsung PC
>>> 3200 I use in them. Both are running at 11x200 (XP 3200+) with no BIOS
>>> updates from receipt, well over 18 months ago. Why do you think you'll
>>> have to update the BIOS?

"Vin" <vin@adinet.com.uy> wrote in message
> first of all, thanks for your answer! :)
>
> Next, the Asus web page say that the deluxe version supports fsb400 after
> some bios version i cant remember right now!
> I just hope the board came with the last version. ;)

I wouldn't worry about it. Just checked the BIOS versions in my Deluxe
(1005) and my -X (1004). As stated previously, both running at 11 x 200 with
no issues. As you can see, if there *was* a time the Deluxe didn't support
FSB 400, it's in the distant past and you're unlikely to purchase a board
(presuming new) now that has a BIOS older than what I run..

Vin

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2003

oki doki!