CD packet writing broken by SP2?

pat

Expert

I use DLA (Drive Letter Access from HP/Veritas/Sonic ) to write direct
to disc and SP2 seems to have broken it (Error: Direct Access Component
has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the
inconvenience.)
I uninstalled SP2 and it was OK again. Re-installed and broken again.
Looks like others are having a similar problem. Was there any mention of
this in beta SP2? Or is it due to security settings which have changed?
Any ideas coming up yet?

Pat;
Check with the product manufacturer if they have a fix or a patch.

--
Jupiter Jones [MVP]
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/

"Pat" <pat@usenet-only.com> wrote in message
>I use DLA (Drive Letter Access from HP/Veritas/Sonic ) to write
>direct to disc and SP2 seems to have broken it (Error: Direct Access
>Component has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry
>for the inconvenience.)
> I uninstalled SP2 and it was OK again. Re-installed and broken
> again. Looks like others are having a similar problem. Was there any
> mention of this in beta SP2? Or is it due to security settings which
> have changed? Any ideas coming up yet?

See if there is an updated version of DLA from whoever you got it from.

--
Jason Tsang - Microsoft MVP

Find out about the MS MVP Program -

"Pat" <pat@usenet-only.com> wrote in message
>I use DLA (Drive Letter Access from HP/Veritas/Sonic ) to write direct to
>disc and SP2 seems to have broken it (Error: Direct Access Component has
>encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the
>inconvenience.)
> I uninstalled SP2 and it was OK again. Re-installed and broken again.
> Looks like others are having a similar problem. Was there any mention of
> this in beta SP2? Or is it due to security settings which have changed?
> Any ideas coming up yet?

pat

Expert

provided by HP under its badge - was sold by Veritas - now sold by Sonic
I have tried - nothing yet!
(But if it is a problem why is it not "known"?)

> Pat;
> Check with the product manufacturer if they have a fix or a patch.
>
> --
> Jupiter Jones [MVP]
> http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/
>

> "Pat" <pat@usenet-only.com> wrote in message
>>I use DLA (Drive Letter Access from HP/Veritas/Sonic ) to write direct
>>to disc and SP2 seems to have broken it (Error: Direct Access
>>Component has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry
>>for the inconvenience.)
>> I uninstalled SP2 and it was OK again. Re-installed and broken again.
>> Looks like others are having a similar problem. Was there any mention
>> of this in beta SP2? Or is it due to security settings which have
>> changed? Any ideas coming up yet?

You said others have same problem.
Have any of you reported to the manufacturer?
If the manufacturer is unresponsive, it may be time to get a product
for a more receptive company.