New User - Help - Computer setup for making DVDs from my V..

Jan

Hi I would like some advise as to what hardwareI/software I would require on
my computer to allow me to create DVDs from my Video camera recordings? My
Video camera also taked digital shots so I would like to incorporat these in
the DVDs also. Any information would be greatly appreciated

Thanks in advance

Here are my suggestions. First off, if you can connect the video camera
through USB or FireWire, move to #2.

1) You may need to buy a capture card if you don't have a way to connect
your video camera to the computer.

2) You may need a DVD Authoring program to encode the video if it is not
already recorded in MPEG II (DVD) format already. If your video camera
records in DVD Compiant MPEG II, you can move to #3.

3) Simply use a program like Nero or Roxio to burn the Video to DVD as a
Video DVD (not Data DVD). Your DVD Authoring program may actually
support writing the movie to DVD for you which would remove the need for
this.

You may need absolutely nothing new, you may need a lot of new things.
Just have to figure out how to connect it and how to get it onto DVD ;)

----
Nathan McNulty

Jan wrote:
> Hi I would like some advise as to what hardwareI/software I would require on
> my computer to allow me to create DVDs from my Video camera recordings? My
> Video camera also taked digital shots so I would like to incorporat these in
> the DVDs also. Any information would be greatly appreciated
>
> Thanks in advance

Jan

Hi Nathan,
thanks. I will check out what you have suggested. I have the Firewire
however I will have to check out #2. What versions of Nero or Roxio do you
suggest?
;-)

"Nathan McNulty" wrote:

> Here are my suggestions. First off, if you can connect the video camera
> through USB or FireWire, move to #2.
>
> 1) You may need to buy a capture card if you don't have a way to connect
> your video camera to the computer.
>
> 2) You may need a DVD Authoring program to encode the video if it is not
> already recorded in MPEG II (DVD) format already. If your video camera
> records in DVD Compiant MPEG II, you can move to #3.
>
> 3) Simply use a program like Nero or Roxio to burn the Video to DVD as a
> Video DVD (not Data DVD). Your DVD Authoring program may actually
> support writing the movie to DVD for you which would remove the need for
> this.
>
> You may need absolutely nothing new, you may need a lot of new things.
> Just have to figure out how to connect it and how to get it onto DVD ;)
>
> ----
> Nathan McNulty
>

> Jan wrote:
> > Hi I would like some advise as to what hardwareI/software I would require on
> > my computer to allow me to create DVDs from my Video camera recordings? My
> > Video camera also taked digital shots so I would like to incorporat these in
> > the DVDs also. Any information would be greatly appreciated
> >
> > Thanks in advance

If you go with Nero 6 Ultra, it comes with Nero Vision Express which can
do a little bit of video editing and stuff. It also supports writing
DVD's and will re-encode to the proper format for you. I highly suggest
Nero over Roxio.

----
Nathan McNulty

Jan wrote:
> Hi Nathan,
> thanks. I will check out what you have suggested. I have the Firewire
> however I will have to check out #2. What versions of Nero or Roxio do you
> suggest?
> ;-)
>

> "Nathan McNulty" wrote:
>

>>Here are my suggestions. First off, if you can connect the video camera
>>through USB or FireWire, move to #2.
>>
>>1) You may need to buy a capture card if you don't have a way to connect
>>your video camera to the computer.
>>
>>2) You may need a DVD Authoring program to encode the video if it is not
>>already recorded in MPEG II (DVD) format already. If your video camera
>>records in DVD Compiant MPEG II, you can move to #3.
>>
>>3) Simply use a program like Nero or Roxio to burn the Video to DVD as a
>>Video DVD (not Data DVD). Your DVD Authoring program may actually
>>support writing the movie to DVD for you which would remove the need for
>>this.
>>
>>You may need absolutely nothing new, you may need a lot of new things.
>>Just have to figure out how to connect it and how to get it onto DVD ;)
>>
>>----
>>Nathan McNulty
>>

>>Jan wrote:
>>
>>>Hi I would like some advise as to what hardwareI/software I would require on
>>>my computer to allow me to create DVDs from my Video camera recordings? My
>>>Video camera also taked digital shots so I would like to incorporat these in
>>>the DVDs also. Any information would be greatly appreciated
>>>
>>>Thanks in advance

Jan

Hi Nathan, thanks for the information. I will look into Nero 6 Ultra.