Xbox2 game 'Cry Havok' a Halo clone

Archived from groups: alt.games.halo,microsoft.public.xbox.halo,microsoft.public.xbox,alt.games.video.xbox,uk.games.video.xbox (More info?)

http://www.xboxworld.nl/news/6098/

'Cry Havok' is an Xbox 2 game without a publisher, by a new developer. only
5% complete. looks ok at best, kinda BLEH.
8 answers Last reply
More about xbox2 game havok halo clone
  1. Archived from groups: alt.games.halo,microsoft.public.xbox.halo,microsoft.public.xbox,alt.games.video.xbox,uk.games.video.xbox (More info?)

    On Wed, 29 Dec 2004 00:13:21 -0600, "Xenon" <xenonxbox2@xboxnext.com>
    wrote:

    >http://www.xboxworld.nl/news/6098/
    >
    >'Cry Havok' is an Xbox 2 game without a publisher, by a new developer. only
    >5% complete. looks ok at best, kinda BLEH.

    so why is that a "Halo clone" then?

    looks sod all like Halo to me.
    --

    gamertag: chrisflynnuk
    Live Line-up: RS3, RS3:BA, PGR2, Links04, SC:PT, Toca2, RSC2, MM3,

    "Xenon" <xenonxbox2@xboxnext.com> wrote in message
    > http://www.xboxworld.nl/news/6098/
    >
    > 'Cry Havok' is an Xbox 2 game without a publisher, by a new developer.
    > only
    > 5% complete. looks ok at best, kinda BLEH.

    Isn't "Havok" the Far Cry engine? Hence the name "Cry Havok"? I think that
    this is an XBOX version of Far Cry of some sort.
  3. Archived from groups: alt.games.halo,microsoft.public.xbox.halo,microsoft.public.xbox,alt.games.video.xbox,uk.games.video.xbox (More info?)

    On Wed, 29 Dec 2004 15:22:28 -0500, "HockeyTownUSA"
    <magma@killspam.comcast.net> wrote:

    >"Xenon" <xenonxbox2@xboxnext.com> wrote in message
    >> http://www.xboxworld.nl/news/6098/
    >>
    >> 'Cry Havok' is an Xbox 2 game without a publisher, by a new developer.
    >> only
    >> 5% complete. looks ok at best, kinda BLEH.
    >>

    >Isn't "Havok" the Far Cry engine? Hence the name "Cry Havok"? I think that
    >this is an XBOX version of Far Cry of some sort.

    wouldnt that be FarCry Instincts?
    --

    gamertag: chrisflynnuk
    Live Line-up: RS3, RS3:BA, PGR2, Links04, SC:PT, Toca2, RSC2, MM3,
    SWAT, MotoGP2, Burnout3, OutRun2(Demo), FSW
  4. Archived from groups: alt.games.halo,microsoft.public.xbox.halo,microsoft.public.xbox,alt.games.video.xbox,uk.games.video.xbox (More info?)

    In article <da-dndPHUJl9jE7cRVn-jQ@comcast.com>,
    magma@killspam.comcast.net says...

    > "Xenon" <xenonxbox2@xboxnext.com> wrote in message
    > > http://www.xboxworld.nl/news/6098/
    > >
    > > 'Cry Havok' is an Xbox 2 game without a publisher, by a new developer.
    > > only
    > > 5% complete. looks ok at best, kinda BLEH.
    > >

    > Isn't "Havok" the Far Cry engine? Hence the name "Cry Havok"? I think that
    > this is an XBOX version of Far Cry of some sort.

    maye it's from the quote, "Cry Havok!, and let slip the dogs of war"
    which is infinitely more likely.
  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.halo,microsoft.public.xbox.halo,microsoft.public.xbox,alt.games.video.xbox,uk.games.video.xbox (More info?)

    "HockeyTownUSA" <magma@killspam.comcast.net> wrote in message

    > "Xenon" <xenonxbox2@xboxnext.com> wrote in message
    >> http://www.xboxworld.nl/news/6098/
    >>
    >> 'Cry Havok' is an Xbox 2 game without a publisher, by a new developer.
    >> only
    >> 5% complete. looks ok at best, kinda BLEH.
    >>

    > Isn't "Havok" the Far Cry engine? Hence the name "Cry Havok"? I think that
    > this is an XBOX version of Far Cry of some sort.

    no cryengine is the far cry engine, i think havok is the HL2 engine

  6. Archived from groups: alt.games.halo,microsoft.public.xbox.halo,microsoft.public.xbox,alt.games.video.xbox,uk.games.video.xbox (More info?)

    On 31/12/04 11:20 am, in article 3YWdnb_mL-ZpqEjcRVnytw@eclipse.net.uk,
    "Iain Dingsdale" <id018q4583@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:

    > "HockeyTownUSA" <magma@killspam.comcast.net> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "Xenon" <xenonxbox2@xboxnext.com> wrote in message
    >>> http://www.xboxworld.nl/news/6098/
    >>>
    >>> 'Cry Havok' is an Xbox 2 game without a publisher, by a new developer.
    >>> only
    >>> 5% complete. looks ok at best, kinda BLEH.
    >>>

    >> Isn't "Havok" the Far Cry engine? Hence the name "Cry Havok"? I think that
    >> this is an XBOX version of Far Cry of some sort.
    >
    > no cryengine is the far cry engine, i think havok is the HL2 engine

    HL2 runs on Valve's 'Source' engine.

    Zo
  7. Archived from groups: alt.games.halo,microsoft.public.xbox.halo,microsoft.public.xbox,alt.games.video.xbox,uk.games.video.xbox (More info?)

    "Zomoniac" <the_proper_one@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > On 31/12/04 11:20 am, in article 3YWdnb_mL-ZpqEjcRVnytw@eclipse.net.uk,
    > "Iain Dingsdale" <id018q4583@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
    >

    >> "HockeyTownUSA" <magma@killspam.comcast.net> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> "Xenon" <xenonxbox2@xboxnext.com> wrote in message

    >>> Isn't "Havok" the Far Cry engine? Hence the name "Cry Havok"? I think
    >>> that
    >>> this is an XBOX version of Far Cry of some sort.
    >>
    >> no cryengine is the far cry engine, i think havok is the HL2 engine
    >
    > HL2 runs on Valve's 'Source' engine.
    >
    > Zo

    Havok is a physics engine, does all that fancy ragdoll stuff etc etc.
  8. Archived from groups: alt.games.halo,microsoft.public.xbox.halo,microsoft.public.xbox,alt.games.video.xbox,uk.games.video.xbox (More info?)

    No cries is heard in the night
    As a result of him stuffin'

    Frank Zappa, "Muffin Man"

Games Video Microsoft Xbox Video Games