Xbox2 game 'Cry Havok' a Halo clone

Last response: in Video Games
December 29, 2004 3:13:21 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.halo,microsoft.public.xbox.halo,microsoft.public.xbox,alt.games.video.xbox,uk.games.video.xbox (More info?)

http://www.xboxworld.nl/news/6098/

'Cry Havok' is an Xbox 2 game without a publisher, by a new developer. only
5% complete. looks ok at best, kinda BLEH.
Anonymous
December 29, 2004 10:59:29 AM

On Wed, 29 Dec 2004 00:13:21 -0600, "Xenon" <xenonxbox2@xboxnext.com>
wrote:

>http://www.xboxworld.nl/news/6098/
>
>'Cry Havok' is an Xbox 2 game without a publisher, by a new developer. only
>5% complete. looks ok at best, kinda BLEH.

so why is that a "Halo clone" then?

looks sod all like Halo to me.
--

gamertag: chrisflynnuk
Live Line-up: RS3, RS3:BA, PGR2, Links04, SC:p T, Toca2, RSC2, MM3,

"Xenon" <xenonxbox2@xboxnext.com> wrote in message
> http://www.xboxworld.nl/news/6098/
>
> 'Cry Havok' is an Xbox 2 game without a publisher, by a new developer.
> only
> 5% complete. looks ok at best, kinda BLEH.

Isn't "Havok" the Far Cry engine? Hence the name "Cry Havok"? I think that
this is an XBOX version of Far Cry of some sort.
December 30, 2004 1:25:41 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.halo,microsoft.public.xbox.halo,microsoft.public.xbox,alt.games.video.xbox,uk.games.video.xbox (More info?)

On Wed, 29 Dec 2004 15:22:28 -0500, "HockeyTownUSA"
<magma@killspam.comcast.net> wrote:

>"Xenon" <xenonxbox2@xboxnext.com> wrote in message
>> http://www.xboxworld.nl/news/6098/
>>
>> 'Cry Havok' is an Xbox 2 game without a publisher, by a new developer.
>> only
>> 5% complete. looks ok at best, kinda BLEH.
>>

>Isn't "Havok" the Far Cry engine? Hence the name "Cry Havok"? I think that
>this is an XBOX version of Far Cry of some sort.

wouldnt that be FarCry Instincts?
--

gamertag: chrisflynnuk
Live Line-up: RS3, RS3:BA, PGR2, Links04, SC:p T, Toca2, RSC2, MM3,
SWAT, MotoGP2, Burnout3, OutRun2(Demo), FSW
Anonymous
December 30, 2004 11:48:48 AM

In article <da-dndPHUJl9jE7cRVn-jQ@comcast.com>,
magma@killspam.comcast.net says...

> "Xenon" <xenonxbox2@xboxnext.com> wrote in message
> > http://www.xboxworld.nl/news/6098/
> >
> > 'Cry Havok' is an Xbox 2 game without a publisher, by a new developer.
> > only
> > 5% complete. looks ok at best, kinda BLEH.
> >

> Isn't "Havok" the Far Cry engine? Hence the name "Cry Havok"? I think that
> this is an XBOX version of Far Cry of some sort.

maye it's from the quote, "Cry Havok!, and let slip the dogs of war"
which is infinitely more likely.
Anonymous
December 31, 2004 2:20:26 PM

"HockeyTownUSA" <magma@killspam.comcast.net> wrote in message
news:D a-dndPHUJl9jE7cRVn-jQ@comcast.com...

> "Xenon" <xenonxbox2@xboxnext.com> wrote in message
>> http://www.xboxworld.nl/news/6098/
>>
>> 'Cry Havok' is an Xbox 2 game without a publisher, by a new developer.
>> only
>> 5% complete. looks ok at best, kinda BLEH.
>>

> Isn't "Havok" the Far Cry engine? Hence the name "Cry Havok"? I think that
> this is an XBOX version of Far Cry of some sort.

no cryengine is the far cry engine, i think havok is the HL2 engine

Anonymous
December 31, 2004 2:31:12 PM

On 31/12/04 11:20 am, in article 3YWdnb_mL-ZpqEjcRVnytw@eclipse.net.uk,
"Iain Dingsdale" <id018q4583@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:

> "HockeyTownUSA" <magma@killspam.comcast.net> wrote in message
> news:D a-dndPHUJl9jE7cRVn-jQ@comcast.com...
>>
>> "Xenon" <xenonxbox2@xboxnext.com> wrote in message
>>> http://www.xboxworld.nl/news/6098/
>>>
>>> 'Cry Havok' is an Xbox 2 game without a publisher, by a new developer.
>>> only
>>> 5% complete. looks ok at best, kinda BLEH.
>>>

>> Isn't "Havok" the Far Cry engine? Hence the name "Cry Havok"? I think that
>> this is an XBOX version of Far Cry of some sort.
>
> no cryengine is the far cry engine, i think havok is the HL2 engine

HL2 runs on Valve's 'Source' engine.

Zo
Anonymous
December 31, 2004 5:13:39 PM

"Zomoniac" <the_proper_one@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> On 31/12/04 11:20 am, in article 3YWdnb_mL-ZpqEjcRVnytw@eclipse.net.uk,
> "Iain Dingsdale" <id018q4583@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
>

>> "HockeyTownUSA" <magma@killspam.comcast.net> wrote in message
>> news:D a-dndPHUJl9jE7cRVn-jQ@comcast.com...
>>>
>>> "Xenon" <xenonxbox2@xboxnext.com> wrote in message

>>> Isn't "Havok" the Far Cry engine? Hence the name "Cry Havok"? I think
>>> that
>>> this is an XBOX version of Far Cry of some sort.
>>
>> no cryengine is the far cry engine, i think havok is the HL2 engine
>
> HL2 runs on Valve's 'Source' engine.
>
> Zo

Havok is a physics engine, does all that fancy ragdoll stuff etc etc.
Anonymous
January 1, 2005 11:58:52 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.halo,microsoft.public.xbox.halo,microsoft.public.xbox,alt.games.video.xbox,uk.games.video.xbox (More info?)

No cries is heard in the night
As a result of him stuffin'

Frank Zappa, "Muffin Man"
!