SATA advice needed on A8N Deluxe

I am about to build an A8N Deuxe system. I already have two Seagate SATA
drives. If I hang them on the nVidia controller together with two new SATA
II drives, will the new drives operate at the higher SATA II speeds?

Many thanks for any help.

Sincerely,

formerprof

milleron

On Sun, 12 Jun 2005 06:51:50 -0700, "formerprof"
<formerprof@yahoo.com> wrote:

>I am about to build an A8N Deuxe system. I already have two Seagate SATA
>drives. If I hang them on the nVidia controller together with two new SATA
>II drives, will the new drives operate at the higher SATA II speeds?

No, but it doesn't matter. The SATA II drives will not yield a
performance advantage over the SATA drives, anyway.

Ron