Start up process

My dator does not start as it should. It restart all the
time. It does not help to select an other time when the
system worked all right.
What shall I do
Lars
3 answers Last reply
More about start process

    Are you trying to say your computer does not work properly? It randomly
    reboots and your System Restore does not work? Why don't you try
    providing some info and accurate, well written sentences. I would
    personally check the heat inside your case and start from there.

    ----
    Nathan McNulty

    lars lofgren wrote:
    > My dator does not start as it should. It restart all the
    > time. It does not help to select an other time when the
    > system worked all right.
    > What shall I do
    > Lars

    If this is an English language request for help, it doesn't
    make any sense. You need to say what a dator is? Is it a
    misspelled word or some bit of hardware we don't know about?

    Did you mean to say,
    My computer will not boot into Windows. It is restarting
    all the time and trying to use system restore or last known
    good condition does not work either.

    It sounds like you have a worm or a virus. Get STINGER free
    from http://vil.nai.com/vil/stinger/
    by downloading it on a working computer. Copy it to a
    floppy disk and set the write protect tab. Then use it to
    clean your computer.

    You may need to boot your computer using the Windows XP CD
    (perhaps to the recovery console) in order to run the
    STINGER program. It will fix the 45 or so most common
    worm/virus problems.

    "lars lofgren" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
    in message news:5e2d01c49246$c10bd280$a601280a@phx.gbl...
    | My dator does not start as it should. It restart all the
    | time. It does not help to select an other time when the
    | system worked all right.
    | What shall I do
    | Lars

    For the unobservant, Lars Lofgren appears to be of Western European
    residence. So please accomodate some latitude to his less than perfect
    English. After all the rest of the English speaking world accomodates the
    changes that have been wrought upon the language by Americans.

    For Lars, Jim seems to have the best solutions unless you have any more
    specific issues that you can identify.

    The problems with restarting may have been occasioned by an attack from
    Virus, Worm or Trojan. Use a good application to scan and remove any
    infections.

    If none are found, then try a Repair Installation of Windows. Set your BIOS
    to boot up from CD and insert the Windows XP CD into the CD-ROM Drive.

    When you see the "Welcome To Setup" screen, you will see the options below
    This portion of the Setup program prepares Microsoft
    Windows XP to run on your computer:

    To setup Windows XP now, press ENTER.

    To repair a Windows XP installation using Recovery Console, press R.

    To quit Setup without installing Windows XP, press F3.

    Press Enter to start the Windows Setup.

    Accept the License Agreement and Windows will search for existing Windows
    installations.

    Select the XP installation you want to repair from the list and press R to
    start the repair.

    Setup will copy the necessary files to the hard drive and reboot. Do not
    press any key to boot from CD when the message appears. Setup will continue
    as if it were doing a clean install, but your applications and settings will
    remain intact.

    Blaster worm warning:
    Do not immediately activate over the internet when asked, enable the XP
    firewall before connecting to the internet. You can activate after the
    firewall is enabled. Control Panel - Network Connections. Right click the
    connection you use, Properties, and there is a check box on the advanced
    page.

    "Jim Macklin" wrote:

    > If this is an English language request for help, it doesn't
    > make any sense. You need to say what a dator is? Is it a
    > misspelled word or some bit of hardware we don't know about?
    >
    > Did you mean to say,
    > My computer will not boot into Windows. It is restarting
    > all the time and trying to use system restore or last known
    > good condition does not work either.
    >
    > It sounds like you have a worm or a virus. Get STINGER free
    > from http://vil.nai.com/vil/stinger/
    > by downloading it on a working computer. Copy it to a
    > floppy disk and set the write protect tab. Then use it to
    > clean your computer.
    >
    > You may need to boot your computer using the Windows XP CD
    > (perhaps to the recovery console) in order to run the
    > STINGER program. It will fix the 45 or so most common
    > worm/virus problems.

    > "lars lofgren" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
    > in message news:5e2d01c49246$c10bd280$a601280a@phx.gbl...
    > | My dator does not start as it should. It restart all the
    > | time. It does not help to select an other time when the
    > | system worked all right.
    > | What shall I do
    > | Lars

Hardware Microsoft Windows XP