USB portable disk storage

After downloading and installing SP2 for Windows XP. I
have plugged in my Netac OnlyDisk into one of my USB
ports. The system does not assign a Drive letter as it did
before installing SP2, however I can download to it and
still find files on it. What has happen and why doesn't
the system assign a drive letter anymore. Any suggestions
as to how to fix the problem.
2 answers Last reply
More about portable disk storage

    Can you tell us how you see this drive now?
    If it is not a drive letter, where is it?

    "corsairman" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5e6301c49261$f3818050$a501280a@phx.gbl...
    > After downloading and installing SP2 for Windows XP. I
    > have plugged in my Netac OnlyDisk into one of my USB
    > ports. The system does not assign a Drive letter as it did
    > before installing SP2, however I can download to it and
    > still find files on it. What has happen and why doesn't
    > the system assign a drive letter anymore. Any suggestions
    > as to how to fix the problem.

    I know some of the file names and can open them, I also
    try saving files to the "H" drive as this is the letter
    that the computer used to assign before installing SP2.
    Just for fun I uninstalled SP2 yesterday and the system
    was able to find the drive and assign a letter, I then
    reinstalled SP2 with the USB portable disk storage still
    pluged in and a drive letter was assigned, however, when I
    unplugged the device and then reinstalled it Guess what NO
    DRIVE LETTER.

    Any ideas????

USB Windows XP