matshita CD-RW CW-8572 doesn't read any CD's

hey there! i recently installed XP SP2 and ever since that
i have not been able to play any CD's games or software!
Can anyone send me this driver for matshita CD-RW CW-8572
or tell me how to fix this problem! thanks guys! Kitch!
1 answer Last reply
More about matshita 8572 doesn read

    Try these three things in order:

    1) Click Start-Run-Type devmgmt.msc and click OK. Expand DVD\CD Drives,
    right click on the CD Drive and click Uninstall. Reboot and let Windows
    reinstall the CD Drive. If it still doesn't work:

    2) Reinstall your chipset drivers (motherboard drivers). To find out
    what chipset/motherboard you have, I suggest Everest Home from
    www.lavalys.com . This program will even provide you with a link to the
    drivers. If it still doesn't work:

    3) Try these suggestions:
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;321641

    ----
    Nathan McNulty

    matthew kitchker wrote:
    > hey there! i recently installed XP SP2 and ever since that
    > i have not been able to play any CD's games or software!
    > Can anyone send me this driver for matshita CD-RW CW-8572
    > or tell me how to fix this problem! thanks guys! Kitch!

Hardware CD-Rom Microsoft Windows XP