I cannot get Halo to run on my PC.

Last response: in Video Games
December 31, 2004 1:37:16 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.halo (More info?)

I have found on some different sites what is happening to me. This is what
the sites say. "Microsoft has identified a potential incompatibility
between Halo for PC and Windows XP SP2, on certain high-end video cards,
which causes Halo to exit silently to the desktop immedately
after launching the program, before the logo movies play."

I have followed everything that these sites say to do, I installed the
newest patch, but now when I try to open the game, it says "corrupted
halo.exe"

Can anyone help me?

More about : halo run

Anonymous
January 1, 2005 2:59:50 PM

matt_the_car_crazy_guy wrote:
> I have found on some different sites what is happening to me. This is
> what the sites say. "Microsoft has identified a potential
> incompatibility between Halo for PC and Windows XP SP2, on certain
> high-end video cards, which causes Halo to exit silently to the
> desktop immedately
> after launching the program, before the logo movies play."
>
> I have followed everything that these sites say to do, I installed the
> newest patch, but now when I try to open the game, it says "corrupted
> halo.exe"
>
> Can anyone help me?

Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling??

staple
Anonymous
January 1, 2005 4:22:06 PM

"matt_the_car_crazy_guy" <belair1232003@yahoo.ca> wrote in message
>I have found on some different sites what is happening to me. This is what
> the sites say. "Microsoft has identified a potential incompatibility
> between Halo for PC and Windows XP SP2, on certain high-end video cards,
> which causes Halo to exit silently to the desktop immedately
> after launching the program, before the logo movies play."
>
> I have followed everything that these sites say to do, I installed the
> newest patch, but now when I try to open the game, it says "corrupted
> halo.exe"
>
> Can anyone help me?

The "corrupted halo.exe" message is pointing to the fact that you didnt
patch it to the correct version before doing the stings downloading stuff.

Try the points at:

http://www.bungie.net/Forums/posts.aspx?postID=454908
July 25, 2009 8:45:23 AM

same problem here...