HP Laserjet III ip address

Howdy, I sure hope someone here can help me. I'm trying to set up the
aforementioned printer, but I cannot locate the ip. Initially I thought it
had a JetDirect card, but when the JetDirect config page didn't print out, I
looked in back and saw that it's a JetLAN card. I couldn't find anything
that looked like a test or status button on it, so I'm sort of stuck. There
appears to be a model number under the ethernet port that says JL200, and
there's a logo on it for ASP, but I haven't had any luck googling any of
that.

So, any ideas?

Alan

"Fargo Holiday" <fargo@risingphoenixgroup.com> wrote in message news:<Nkwtc.19622$eT4.16768@attbi_s54>...
> Howdy, I sure hope someone here can help me. I'm trying to set up the
> aforementioned printer, but I cannot locate the ip. Initially I thought it
> had a JetDirect card, but when the JetDirect config page didn't print out, I
> looked in back and saw that it's a JetLAN card. I couldn't find anything
> that looked like a test or status button on it, so I'm sort of stuck. There
> appears to be a model number under the ethernet port that says JL200, and
> there's a logo on it for ASP, but I haven't had any luck googling any of
> that.
>
> So, any ideas?

Try <http://www.google.com/search?&q=JetLAN+printer+IP>
429 hits, not your specifc model but hopefully similar enough to help
you work it out.

hit #1: <http://www.cablestogo.com/help/ctg_drivers/print_server/JLPSQuick.pdf>
"the JetLAN does not ship with an IP address. You will need to use the
PSAdmin utility to assign an IP address to the JetLAN"

"Alan" <7ibehx001@sneakemail.com> wrote in message
> "Fargo Holiday" <fargo@risingphoenixgroup.com> wrote in message
> > Howdy, I sure hope someone here can help me. I'm trying to set up the
> > aforementioned printer, but I cannot locate the ip. Initially I thought
it
> > had a JetDirect card, but when the JetDirect config page didn't print
out, I
> > looked in back and saw that it's a JetLAN card. I couldn't find anything
> > that looked like a test or status button on it, so I'm sort of stuck.
There
> > appears to be a model number under the ethernet port that says JL200,
and
> > there's a logo on it for ASP, but I haven't had any luck googling any of
> > that.
> >
> > So, any ideas?
>
> Try <http://www.google.com/search?&q=JetLAN+printer+IP>
> 429 hits, not your specifc model but hopefully similar enough to help
> you work it out.
>
> hit #1:
<http://www.cablestogo.com/help/ctg_drivers/print_server/JLPSQuick.pdf>
> "the JetLAN does not ship with an IP address. You will need to use the
> PSAdmin utility to assign an IP address to the JetLAN"

Thanks for the help. None of the google hits really seemed to be what I was
looking for, but I think that PSAdmin is really going to help. I'd found
that document already, but overlooked that part somehow.