Low voltage is the problem?

I have got problem with my computer. First some facts:
Asus A7N8X-E Deluxe
AMD Athlon 2000XP
512 mb ram
2 harddrives and 2 optical devices in an Antec Sonata box with original
powersupply.

Problem first noticed at startup when it didnt find the slave devices. No
problem, just restart but that didnt always help. Furthermore it was really
difficult to coldstart. That process could pass 5 minutes,easy. I have
tested memory and harddisks and at least memory test passed ok. In BIOS I
noticed that the +5 volt reading was a little low and I got the same value
from Everest and motherboard monitor. The lowest value I have seen was 4,19.
Just now I can read a highest value of 4,52 and a lowest value of 4,22.
Other readings below:

"Voltage Values
CPU Core 1.79 V
+3.3 V 3.31 V
+5 V 4.44 V
+12 V 12.16 V
-12 V -12.08 V
-5 V -4.58 V"

And what am I supposed to think about this were it says that AGP is
disabled. I've got an AGP card and it works fine as far as I'm concerned.

"AGP Controller
AGP Version 3.00
AGP Status Disabled
AGP Device nVIDIA GeForce4 MX 440 with AGP8X
AGP Aperture Size 64 MB
Supported AGP Speeds 1x, 2x, 4x, 8x
Current AGP Speed 4x
Fast-Write Supported, Disabled
Side Band Addressing Supported, Disabled

Problems & Suggestions
Problem AGP is disabled. This may cause performance penalty.
Problem Current AGP speed is lower than maximum supported. This may cause
performance penalty."

I sincerely hope that some light can be spread over my dilemma.
Lars

I would suggest a new high quality brand, higher power output PSU.

--
DaveW

Lars Nilsson wrote:

> +5 V 4.44 V

If you can confirm this reading with a multimeter you have found your
problem. Does another power supply give low 5V as well? This is certainly
out of spec.

"DaveW" <none@zero.org> skrev i meddelandet
>I would suggest a new high quality brand, higher power output PSU.
>
> --
> DaveW

Your advice ledmed to http://www.directron.com/psu.html
where i could read: Based on the above criteria and our general experience
in return rates, these are consistently high quality brands on the market:
EnerMax, Delta, PC Power & Cooling, Enhance, Antec, CWT, and SPI. So I
wonder whats your sugggestion?
Lars

Lars Nilsson wrote:

> Your advice ledmed to http://www.directron.com/psu.html
> where i could read: Based on the above criteria and our general
> experience in return rates, these are consistently high quality
> brands on the market: EnerMax, Delta, PC Power & Cooling, Enhance,
> Antec, CWT, and SPI. So I wonder whats your sugggestion?
> Lars

If money means anything, I would go for a psu from Fortron, FSP or Sparkle.
They are all different names of the same company.
Very strong and reliable. You don't need a very high wattage unit, I powered
a similar machine as you have from a 300w fsp psu.
Buy a 350 or 400W.