Asus A8V - How you like it?

A8V comments please!

Does Cool and Quite work for you?
Any issues with ram, video cards, etc, ?

Cheers,
Ed
10 answers Last reply
More about asus

    I've A8V Deluxe and is working nice from the begining:
    My old Geforce4Ti4400 128Mb,
    two sticks 2x 512 Mb of Samsung DDR-400 o dual ram
    two Maxtor ATA on RAID-0
    another Maxtor on IDE
    Toshiba DVD
    NEC DVD-RW
    Liteon CD-RW
    I'm very happy with the mobo

    On Tue, 14 Jun 2005 13:44:01 -0500, Ed <spam@hotmail.com> wrote:

    >A8V comments please!
    >
    >Does Cool and Quite work for you?
    >Any issues with ram, video cards, etc, ?

    My A8V is currently running an Athlon 64 3200+ chip overclocked 10% with a 9600XT video card, 3x200 gig and
    2x80 gig HDs, Pioneer 106 DVD burner, 2x512 meg Kingmax and 2x512 meg Samsung DDR 400 RAM and runs just fine.

    It is in an Aopen full tower case which keeps the drives away from the motherboard and has 4 extra cooling
    fans. Rarely does the CPU temperature exceed 42 or motherboard 30.

    In article <u59ua1t36ohjd6um1pbcjvksp22dsk25rs@4ax.com>, spam@hotmail.com
    (Ed) wrote:

    > *From:* Ed <spam@hotmail.com>
    > *Date:* Tue, 14 Jun 2005 13:44:01 -0500
    >
    > A8V comments please!
    >
    > Does Cool and Quite work for you?
    > Any issues with ram, video cards, etc, ?
    >
    > Cheers,
    > Ed

    I've had one, ver 1.02 since August 2004. Currently on BIOS 1013.

    Using 3500+, 2x512 Giel Value matched RAM, Matrox 650, 2xSamsungSATA
    160GB,1x80ATA and 1x30ATA + usual bits. Zalman cu/al 7000.

    Running XP Pro, XP Pro x64 and SUSE 9.2 64bit. Booting via F8.

    No problems, Cool and Quiet OK and Qfan OK. (would not suit gamers as bit
    of lag from C&Q).

    CPU Idles ~ 27degC, ~ 50 degC on full.

    Very pleased and looking for dual cores to come down in price!

    John

    Please remove "NO-SPAM" if sending email.

    A8V Dlx with a 3200, happy as can be. No problems other than the odd CnQ
    stutter when I try to start multiple apps at once :-) My old P4 wiht HT
    never did that but I can live with it. Speed is great, stability is great.
    Only thing I don't like is having to set the 2T command to use all my ram
    (4x512Mb KVR with Samsung chips, 4 exact matched sticks).

    "Ed" <spam@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > A8V comments please!
    >
    > Does Cool and Quite work for you?
    > Any issues with ram, video cards, etc, ?
    >
    > Cheers,
    > Ed

    > > Does Cool and Quite work for you?
    > > Any issues with ram, video cards, etc, ?

    Cool'n'quiet didnt work for me. So I quickly moved to RM Clock. Crystal
    CPUID sort of worked, but took up to 4 seconds to kick in. You can make
    Crystal hide etc by putting /HIDE /CQ in the shortcut in startup.

    I have a problem, I believe, like many others, that the Venice core
    will not drop below 1.1V. Winchester and Newcastle are OK for other
    people. Venice will drop below 1.1V on nForce4 boards.

    Also, I have not worked out how to get the Promise controller working.
    It could be that you can't install drivers after XP, but the driver
    will not start, and I can't boot off the ATA.

    my 3200 is a Winchester, unfortunately I couldn't wait for Venice :-(

    "zzipper" <zzipper@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
    > A8V Dlx with a 3200, happy as can be. No problems other than the odd CnQ
    > stutter when I try to start multiple apps at once :-) My old P4 wiht HT
    > never did that but I can live with it. Speed is great, stability is great.
    > Only thing I don't like is having to set the 2T command to use all my ram
    > (4x512Mb KVR with Samsung chips, 4 exact matched sticks).
    >
    > "Ed" <spam@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >> A8V comments please!
    >>
    >> Does Cool and Quite work for you?
    >> Any issues with ram, video cards, etc, ?
    >>
    >> Cheers,
    >> Ed

    Use RMClock, not Cool'n'Quiet.

    Just upgraded my son's box with an A8V Rev.2.00 (non-Deluxe), Athlon 64
    3800+ Venice (boxed), and 2x512MB Corsair XMS-3200C2.
    He kept his GF 5900XT videocard and is running WinXP Pro SP2.
    Works great, only Cool & Quiet doesn't work. The CPU operates at a fixed
    2400MHz and 1,45V Vcore.
    The BIOS settings are OK and I've upgraded the Athlon 64 driver to the
    latest ver. 1.2.2.2 from AMD without avail. So its probably a BIOS issue.
    The board came with BIOS 0107 originally. I will try C&q again after I've
    upgraded the BIOS.

    Jan.

    "Ed" <spam@hotmail.com> schreef in bericht
    > A8V comments please!
    >
    > Does Cool and Quite work for you?
    > Any issues with ram, video cards, etc, ?
    >
    > Cheers,
    > Ed

Asus RAM Graphics Cards Motherboards Product