3Com Wireless Problem

I have a 3Com 11g Wireless Firewall Router connected to my pc with an
ethernet cable and a 3Com 11g card for my laptop and everything works fine.
When I boot up my laptop, I can connect to the internet using IE v6 and
Outlook Express works fine. However if I go away and leave the laptop for
ten minutes and try to open IE I cannot bring up any web pages although I
have a 100% signal strength. It just tells me it cannot find the server and
the web page cannot be displayed. The funny thing is, Outlook Express still
connects and sends and receives mail even when IE isn't working.

Is this a IE problem or a Router problem? Any suggestions?
1 answer Last reply
More about 3com wireless problem

    I'd try elimination: try another browser - for example, if you're using
    Mozilla Firefox, try MS Internet Explorer instead. If the same problem
    happens with another browser, the problem is with HTTP protocol/intermediate
    proxy/firewall/etc

    --
    Svyatoslav Pidgorny, MVP, MCSE
    -= F1 is the key =-

    "Bry" <bryan.hay@virgin.net> wrote in message
    > I have a 3Com 11g Wireless Firewall Router connected to my pc with an
    > ethernet cable and a 3Com 11g card for my laptop and everything works
    fine.
    > When I boot up my laptop, I can connect to the internet using IE v6 and
    > Outlook Express works fine. However if I go away and leave the laptop for
    > ten minutes and try to open IE I cannot bring up any web pages although I
    > have a 100% signal strength. It just tells me it cannot find the server
    and
    > the web page cannot be displayed. The funny thing is, Outlook Express
    still
    > connects and sends and receives mail even when IE isn't working.
    >
    > Is this a IE problem or a Router problem? Any suggestions?

Wireless Internet Explorer 3Com Wireless Networking