A7V333 and CPU support

I'm trying to find out which CPU's the A7V333 motherboard can support.
Currently it's using an AMD Athlon XP 1800+ which has failed - BIOS reports
the CPU has failed a system test. I'm trying to sort out a warranty
replacement for the CPU through AMD but would also like to know if it will
support a faster processor anyway.
The firmware loaded is Av33317.
The Asus support web site seems to have changed and the CPU tool isn't
working. I can't get manuals either. One message did indicate their website
was very busy.

Thanks for any advice
Mike

The CPU tool is working now.

"Michael Taylor" <mike@nospammtcs.ltd.uk> wrote in message
> I'm trying to find out which CPU's the A7V333 motherboard can support.
> Currently it's using an AMD Athlon XP 1800+ which has failed - BIOS
> reports the CPU has failed a system test. I'm trying to sort out a
> warranty replacement for the CPU through AMD but would also like to know
> if it will support a faster processor anyway.
> The firmware loaded is Av33317.
> The Asus support web site seems to have changed and the CPU tool isn't
> working. I can't get manuals either. One message did indicate their
> website was very busy.
>
> Thanks for any advice
> Mike

Pete

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2001

Michael Taylor wrote:
> I'm trying to find out which CPU's the A7V333 motherboard can support.
> Currently it's using an AMD Athlon XP 1800+ which has failed - BIOS reports
> the CPU has failed a system test. I'm trying to sort out a warranty
> replacement for the CPU through AMD but would also like to know if it will
> support a faster processor anyway.
> The firmware loaded is Av33317.
> The Asus support web site seems to have changed and the CPU tool isn't
> working. I can't get manuals either. One message did indicate their website
> was very busy.
>
> Thanks for any advice
> Mike

My A7V333 is a rev 2.0 board and i replaced my 1700+ CPU with a 3000+
one without problem.