recovering HD NTFS $Mft?

Hi,

the other day i had what seemed like a major HD failure.
It's not my windows boot HD, but it is a brand new
samsung SATA HD.

The hard drive seemed to have failed, with all
applications having anything to do with it not working. I
tried rebooting, thinking it might have been a simple
problem, but when I did, I kept getting "Delayed Write
Error" messages, about the $Mft master file table file,
and others. They just kept repeating themselves, and the
whole system was horrendously slow.

I disconnected the HD, changed the drive letters, and
reconnected it. Ever since, I can see the HD normally
when I boot, and I can even browse the root and maybe a
directory below that. But as soon as I try to go too deep
or try to copy my files elsewhere or something, my VIA
RAID controller utility (I have an Abit AV8 mobo) tells
me the HD has failed, and I can no longer do absolutely
anything with the HD. Afterwards, until I reboot again, I
get "delayed write error" messages about the $Mft.

Could it be my $Mft is corrupt? Is there some way to fix
it and recover the files? Could it be a real hardware
failure? If so, is there any way that I can recover the
files?

Thanks,

Yes this may be a real hardware problem either with the cables, or controller
or even the drive. Since this is a serious problem (you can lose all data on the disk or
cause irrepairable damage and lose the warranty) you may want to take it to a nearest
computer garage for full service.
--PA