floppy drive formating

perico

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2004

Hello sir
I use window XP and someting happen I can only format in FAT. I was able in
the past to format with NTFS. Lost all my choices during formating. Please
help.
--
roberto

"perico" <perico@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello sir
> I use window XP and someting happen I can only format in FAT. I was able
in
> the past to format with NTFS. Lost all my choices during formating.
Please
> help.
> --
> roberto

NTFS is not supported for floppy disks.

perico

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2004

Pegasus, tank you I did not know.
What other choices of Fat can I get? My screen only shows FAT.
perico

"Pegasus (MVP)" wrote:

> "perico" <perico@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hello sir
> > I use window XP and someting happen I can only format in FAT. I was able
> in
> > the past to format with NTFS. Lost all my choices during formating.
> Please
> > help.
> > --
> > roberto
>
> NTFS is not supported for floppy disks.

- Start a Command Prompt
- Type format /? to see all available options.

> Pegasus, tank you I did not know.
> What other choices of Fat can I get? My screen only shows FAT.
> perico
>
> "Pegasus (MVP)" wrote:
>

> > "perico" <perico@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > Hello sir
> > > I use window XP and someting happen I can only format in FAT. I was
able
> > in
> > > the past to format with NTFS. Lost all my choices during formating.
> > Please
> > > help.
> > > --
> > > roberto
> >
> > NTFS is not supported for floppy disks.

Actually, two things, Windows only allows you to format it as FAT12.
There is a way to format it as NTFS though. Try this program from
SysInternals:
http://www.sysinternals.com/ntw2k/freeware/ntfsfloppy.shtml

----
Nathan McNulty