a7n8x E deluxe problem finding SATA Drive

I'm having problems getting windows to show my SATA Segate 80 gig Barracuda
, under my computer.
It shows up in Divice manager and it says it's working properly.
Could someone help me as to what I should do to fix this problem.
TIA
4 answers Last reply
More about a7n8x deluxe problem finding sata drive

    In message <9j0te.1733079$Xk.1320168@pd7tw3no>, S.O.S.D.D
    <metomlinson@?.ca.invalid> writes
    >I'm having problems getting windows to show my SATA Segate 80 gig Barracuda
    >, under my computer.
    >It shows up in Divice manager and it says it's working properly.
    >Could someone help me as to what I should do to fix this problem.
    >TIA

    More information needed. How are you booting this system? Is this drive
    formated, and what operating system are you using?
    --
    Alex Wilde

    S.O.S.D.D wrote:

    >I'm having problems getting windows to show my SATA Segate 80 gig Barracuda
    >, under my computer.
    >It shows up in Divice manager and it says it's working properly.
    >Could someone help me as to what I should do to fix this problem.
    >TIA

    The drive, although present and functional, is seen as not usable for
    Windows purposes. It must be partitioned and formatted before Windows
    will let it show up in My Computer.
    Rob

    Thanks Rob
    I'm haveing a DUH moment I guess.
    I should have put the Windows CD in and formatted it. Go figure.

    "Rob" <robc@insightbb.spambone.com> wrote in message
    > S.O.S.D.D wrote:
    >
    >>I'm having problems getting windows to show my SATA Segate 80 gig
    >>Barracuda , under my computer.
    >>It shows up in Divice manager and it says it's working properly.
    >>Could someone help me as to what I should do to fix this problem.
    >>TIA
    >>

    > The drive, although present and functional, is seen as not usable for
    > Windows purposes. It must be partitioned and formatted before Windows
    > will let it show up in My Computer.
    > Rob

    you can also format and partition a new HD under Disk Management in the
    Computer Management of Control Panel

Asus SATA Motherboards