a7n8x E deluxe problem finding SATA Drive

Last response: in Motherboards
a b V Motherboard
June 19, 2005 1:25:25 AM

I'm having problems getting windows to show my SATA Segate 80 gig Barracuda
, under my computer.
It shows up in Divice manager and it says it's working properly.
Could someone help me as to what I should do to fix this problem.
TIA
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
June 19, 2005 3:05:24 AM

In message <9j0te.1733079$Xk.1320168@pd7tw3no>, S.O.S.D.D
<metomlinson@?.ca.invalid> writes
>I'm having problems getting windows to show my SATA Segate 80 gig Barracuda
>, under my computer.
>It shows up in Divice manager and it says it's working properly.
>Could someone help me as to what I should do to fix this problem.
>TIA

More information needed. How are you booting this system? Is this drive
formated, and what operating system are you using?
--
Alex Wilde
June 19, 2005 9:39:01 PM

S.O.S.D.D wrote:

>I'm having problems getting windows to show my SATA Segate 80 gig Barracuda
>, under my computer.
>It shows up in Divice manager and it says it's working properly.
>Could someone help me as to what I should do to fix this problem.
>TIA

The drive, although present and functional, is seen as not usable for
Windows purposes. It must be partitioned and formatted before Windows
will let it show up in My Computer.
Rob
a b V Motherboard
June 20, 2005 3:01:08 AM

Thanks Rob
I'm haveing a DUH moment I guess.
I should have put the Windows CD in and formatted it. Go figure.

"Rob" <robc@insightbb.spambone.com> wrote in message
> S.O.S.D.D wrote:
>
>>I'm having problems getting windows to show my SATA Segate 80 gig
>>Barracuda , under my computer.
>>It shows up in Divice manager and it says it's working properly.
>>Could someone help me as to what I should do to fix this problem.
>>TIA
>>

> The drive, although present and functional, is seen as not usable for
> Windows purposes. It must be partitioned and formatted before Windows
> will let it show up in My Computer.
> Rob
June 20, 2005 5:08:28 AM

you can also format and partition a new HD under Disk Management in the
Computer Management of Control Panel
!