Upgrade winME to winXP problems

Yiannis

Distinguished
May 4, 2004

Hi,
I have a Toshiba Satellite 1805-S203. It has a console
with play, stop, etc. buttons in the front pannel, which
work fine with the media player with winME. When I
upgraded to win XP professional, however, they didnt work
any more. None in Toshiba seems to know how to fix this.
What can I do?
Thank you.
Yiannis

Yiannis wrote:
> Hi,
> I have a Toshiba Satellite 1805-S203. It has a console
> with play, stop, etc. buttons in the front pannel, which
> work fine with the media player with winME. When I
> upgraded to win XP professional, however, they didnt work
> any more. None in Toshiba seems to know how to fix this.
> What can I do?
> Thank you.
> Yiannis

Obtain and install the WinXP-specific keyboard drivers from the
laptop's manufacturer. If Toshiba does not provide WinXP support and
drivers for that specific model, there's nothing more you can do to
get those proprietary keys working.

--

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you:
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

having both at once. - RAH

Yiannis wrote:
> I have a Toshiba Satellite 1805-S203. It has a console
> with play, stop, etc. buttons in the front pannel, which
> work fine with the media player with winME. When I
> upgraded to win XP professional, however, they didnt work
> any more. None in Toshiba seems to know how to fix this.
> What can I do?

If Toshiba has no updates to make this work in XP, you may be SoL in XP.

--
<- Shenan ->

Toshiba Skins for Windows Media Player for Win98SE/WinXP/2000
http://www.csd.toshiba.com/cgi-bin/tais/su/su_sc_dtlViewDL.jsp?soid=131249&moid=1073833648&BV_SessionID=@@@@1883007964.1094423057@@@@&BV_EngineID=ccccadcmhelieilcgfkceghdgngdglj.0&ct=DL

Toshiba Software Upgrades 3
http://www.csd.toshiba.com/cgi-bin/tais/su/su_sc_dtlViewDL.jsp?soid=107408&moid=1073833648&BV_SessionID=@@@@1883007964.1094423057@@@@&BV_EngineID=ccccadcmhelieilcgfkceghdgngdglj.0&ct=DL

Welcome to Toshiba Support!