Parallel Port Command Line Control

I'm looking for a parallel port "driver" that will run under Windows
XP that will allow command line control of the parallel port data
bits. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Tnx!
--
Bob Felton
5 answers Last reply

    http://www.beyondlogic.org/porttalk/porttalk.htm

    http://we.home.agilent.com/cgi-bin/bvpub/agilent/editorial/cp_MiscEditorial.jsp?ID=1000000407:epsg:sud&LANGUAGE_CODE=eng&CT=AGILENT_EDITORIAL&COUNTRY_CODE=ZZ

    (watch URL wrap)

    http://www.logix4u.net/inpout32.htm

    Google'ing on "windows NT" + "parallel port"
    returned 60,600 hits, out of 3 pages, I got
    what you see above.

    Can't be sure how relevant they are, since you
    don't say what programming environment you're using ;-)

    "Bob Felton" <rpf.removethis@usa.net> wrote in message
    > I'm looking for a parallel port "driver" that will run under Windows
    > XP that will allow command line control of the parallel port data
    > bits. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Tnx!
    > --
    > Bob Felton

    Thanks for the pointers. What I want to do is set a single bit of the
    parallel port to a "1" via a batch (*.bat) file and then reset it with
    another batch file. The batch files would be run via the scheduler
    for control of an external device. The OS involved is actually
    Windows 2000 Server.

    --
    Bob Felton

    > Thanks for the pointers. What I want to do is set a single bit of the
    > parallel port to a "1" via a batch (*.bat) file and then reset it with
    > another batch file. The batch files would be run via the scheduler
    > for control of an external device. The OS involved is actually
    > Windows 2000 Server.

    Can't be done with a batch file. Not enough
    functionality.

    You would have to write a program using one of
    the techniques that use the stuff I already mentioned,
    then call that program with a batch file.

    > On Sun, 5 Sep 2004 20:58:45 -0700, "V Green" <vanceg@nowhere.net>
    > wrote:
    >
    > >http://www.beyondlogic.org/porttalk/porttalk.htm
    > >

    >http://we.home.agilent.com/cgi-bin/bvpub/agilent/editorial/cp_MiscEditorial
    ..jsp?ID=1000000407:epsg:sud&LANGUAGE_CODE=eng&CT=AGILENT_EDITORIAL&COUNTRY_C
    ODE=ZZ

    > >(watch URL wrap)
    > >
    > >http://www.logix4u.net/inpout32.htm
    > >
    > >Google'ing on "windows NT" + "parallel port"
    > >returned 60,600 hits, out of 3 pages, I got
    > >what you see above.
    > >
    > >Can't be sure how relevant they are, since you
    > >don't say what programming environment you're using ;-)
    > >

    > >"Bob Felton" <rpf.removethis@usa.net> wrote in message
    > >> I'm looking for a parallel port "driver" that will run under Windows
    > >> XP that will allow command line control of the parallel port data
    > >> bits. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Tnx!
    > >> --
    > >> Bob Felton
    > >

    > --
    > Bob Felton

    OK, thanks for quick response. I'll look into those items you
    provided and see if I can figure out how to use one.

    --
    Bob Felton

    On Fri, 01 Oct 2004 19:36:07 -0700, Bob Felton
    <rpf.removethis@usa.net> wrote:

    >Thanks for the pointers. What I want to do is set a single bit of the
    >parallel port to a "1" via a batch (*.bat) file and then reset it with
    >another batch file. The batch files would be run via the scheduler
    >for control of an external device. The OS involved is actually
    >Windows 2000 Server.

    Pretty simple on XP pro, so should work on 2k server. First you
    need to get access to the computer hardware. Use a program called
    userport to do that (google for userport.zip). Run userport one
    time and you are good to go accessing the hardware from then on.
    Below is a link to my page where I have some info on simple
    control of the parallel port. The bottom pin2.bat file uses debug
    (which is still included in most windows distributions) to
    control the parallel port after you have run userport. The below
    pin2.bat file sets pin 2 (data 0) on parallel port 378 to +5v.
    Using 00 instead of 01 would turn the pin off. To turn all data
    pins on, use ff (debug uses hex values). More info on the link
    page below.

    http://www.geocities.com/zoomkat/ppswitcher.htm

    ::pin2.bat

    @echo off
    GOTO BEGIN
    o 378 01
    :BEGIN
    DEBUG < pin2.bat

Hardware Parallel Port Microsoft Command Line Windows XP