Shared folders

Easy questions. I know I can share existing folders on my PC by
drag/drop to Shared Documents. I am doing this by cpoying the folders
to Shared Documents. If I would DND an existing folder to Shared
Documents and place it as a shortcut, would it and the included files
still show up (able to be modified) on my other devices?
3 answers Last reply
More about shared folders

    Nope. the .lnk file would be shared,but not the redirection.

    Robert Jacobs wrote:
    > Nope. the .lnk file would be shared,but not the redirection.
    >
    > "old guy" <jlunis@charter.net> wrote in message
    >
    >>Easy questions. I know I can share existing folders on my PC by drag/drop
    >>to Shared Documents. I am doing this by cpoying the folders to Shared
    >>Documents. If I would DND an existing folder to Shared Documents and place
    >>it as a shortcut, would it and the included files still show up (able to
    >>be modified) on my other devices?

    OK, can I share files and folders other than moving the actual files and
    folders to the Shared Document folder? Bonus - I think I understand,
    using my notebook, I can run programs on my PC through the network
    connection. Is this true and, if so, how do I do it? If easier, just
    direct me to a 'how-to' document.

    Just right click on the file/folder/Drive you want to share then click on
    sharing and security, check share this folder on network and give it a name.

    > Robert Jacobs wrote:
    >> Nope. the .lnk file would be shared,but not the redirection.
    >>
    >> "old guy" <jlunis@charter.net> wrote in message
    >>
    >>>Easy questions. I know I can share existing folders on my PC by
    >>>drag/drop to Shared Documents. I am doing this by cpoying the folders to
    >>>Shared Documents. If I would DND an existing folder to Shared Documents
    >>>and place it as a shortcut, would it and the included files still show up
    >>>(able to be modified) on my other devices?
    >>

    > OK, can I share files and folders other than moving the actual files and
    > folders to the Shared Document folder? Bonus - I think I understand,
    > using my notebook, I can run programs on my PC through the network
    > connection. Is this true and, if so, how do I do it? If easier, just
    > direct me to a 'how-to' document.

Networking Microsoft Wireless Networking