Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Shared folders

Last response: in Wireless Networking
Share
Anonymous
February 2, 2005 12:47:51 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windows.networking.wireless (More info?)

Easy questions. I know I can share existing folders on my PC by
drag/drop to Shared Documents. I am doing this by cpoying the folders
to Shared Documents. If I would DND an existing folder to Shared
Documents and place it as a shortcut, would it and the included files
still show up (able to be modified) on my other devices?

More about : shared folders

Anonymous
February 2, 2005 7:08:05 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windows.networking.wireless (More info?)

Nope. the .lnk file would be shared,but not the redirection.

"old guy" <jlunis@charter.net> wrote in message
news:2O5Md.18762$%l7.14936@fe06.lga...
> Easy questions. I know I can share existing folders on my PC by drag/drop
> to Shared Documents. I am doing this by cpoying the folders to Shared
> Documents. If I would DND an existing folder to Shared Documents and place
> it as a shortcut, would it and the included files still show up (able to
> be modified) on my other devices?
Anonymous
February 3, 2005 11:36:29 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windows.networking.wireless (More info?)

Robert Jacobs wrote:
> Nope. the .lnk file would be shared,but not the redirection.
>
> "old guy" <jlunis@charter.net> wrote in message
> news:2O5Md.18762$%l7.14936@fe06.lga...
>
>>Easy questions. I know I can share existing folders on my PC by drag/drop
>>to Shared Documents. I am doing this by cpoying the folders to Shared
>>Documents. If I would DND an existing folder to Shared Documents and place
>>it as a shortcut, would it and the included files still show up (able to
>>be modified) on my other devices?
>
>
>
OK, can I share files and folders other than moving the actual files and
folders to the Shared Document folder? Bonus - I think I understand,
using my notebook, I can run programs on my PC through the network
connection. Is this true and, if so, how do I do it? If easier, just
direct me to a 'how-to' document.
Anonymous
February 3, 2005 6:26:00 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windows.networking.wireless (More info?)

Just right click on the file/folder/Drive you want to share then click on
sharing and security, check share this folder on network and give it a name.


"old guy" <jlunis@charter.net> wrote in message
news:gRpMd.25326$fj2.14257@fe06.lga...
> Robert Jacobs wrote:
>> Nope. the .lnk file would be shared,but not the redirection.
>>
>> "old guy" <jlunis@charter.net> wrote in message
>> news:2O5Md.18762$%l7.14936@fe06.lga...
>>
>>>Easy questions. I know I can share existing folders on my PC by
>>>drag/drop to Shared Documents. I am doing this by cpoying the folders to
>>>Shared Documents. If I would DND an existing folder to Shared Documents
>>>and place it as a shortcut, would it and the included files still show up
>>>(able to be modified) on my other devices?
>>
>>
>>
> OK, can I share files and folders other than moving the actual files and
> folders to the Shared Document folder? Bonus - I think I understand,
> using my notebook, I can run programs on my PC through the network
> connection. Is this true and, if so, how do I do it? If easier, just
> direct me to a 'how-to' document.
!