Shared folders

Easy questions. I know I can share existing folders on my PC by
drag/drop to Shared Documents. I am doing this by cpoying the folders
to Shared Documents. If I would DND an existing folder to Shared
Documents and place it as a shortcut, would it and the included files
still show up (able to be modified) on my other devices?

Nope. the .lnk file would be shared,but not the redirection.

Robert Jacobs wrote:
> Nope. the .lnk file would be shared,but not the redirection.
>
> "old guy" <jlunis@charter.net> wrote in message
>
>>Easy questions. I know I can share existing folders on my PC by drag/drop
>>to Shared Documents. I am doing this by cpoying the folders to Shared
>>Documents. If I would DND an existing folder to Shared Documents and place
>>it as a shortcut, would it and the included files still show up (able to
>>be modified) on my other devices?

OK, can I share files and folders other than moving the actual files and
folders to the Shared Document folder? Bonus - I think I understand,
using my notebook, I can run programs on my PC through the network
connection. Is this true and, if so, how do I do it? If easier, just
direct me to a 'how-to' document.

Just right click on the file/folder/Drive you want to share then click on
sharing and security, check share this folder on network and give it a name.