Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

A8N-SLI USB2?

Tags:
  • Asus
  • SLI
  • Flash Drive
  • Motherboards
Last response: in Motherboards
Share
June 20, 2005 8:00:56 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus (More info?)

I bought one of these but WinXP Pro keeps warning me that I am plugging
my highspeed flash drive into a slow speed hub.
I assumed it was USB2.0 highspeed but maybe it is slowspeed. :-(

More about : a8n sli usb2

Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
June 21, 2005 1:03:48 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus (More info?)

"Bob" <ask@me.com> wrote in message
news:D 9779m$5el$1@sunburst.ccs.yorku.ca...
>I bought one of these but WinXP Pro keeps warning me that I am plugging my
>highspeed flash drive into a slow speed hub.
> I assumed it was USB2.0 highspeed but maybe it is slowspeed. :-(

You may have a driver problem. Did you install the motherboard drivers? That
board supports USB 2.0.
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
June 21, 2005 3:10:12 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus (More info?)

Isn't there a BIOS setting for the USB ports on this board? "Full speed" to
"high speed" is what you want IIRC.

formerprof



"Mark A" <nobody@nowhere.com> wrote in message
news:eNGdnYnUFtMPHirfRVn-vw@comcast.com...
> "Bob" <ask@me.com> wrote in message
> news:D 9779m$5el$1@sunburst.ccs.yorku.ca...
>>I bought one of these but WinXP Pro keeps warning me that I am plugging my
>>highspeed flash drive into a slow speed hub.
>> I assumed it was USB2.0 highspeed but maybe it is slowspeed. :-(
>
> You may have a driver problem. Did you install the motherboard drivers?
> That board supports USB 2.0.
>
Related resources
June 22, 2005 12:22:46 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus (More info?)

"formerprof" <formerprof@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:gKYte.5320$xm1.4048@fe06.lga...
> Isn't there a BIOS setting for the USB ports on this board? "Full speed"
> to "high speed" is what you want IIRC.
>
> formerprof
>
Correct; USB 1 had options "Slow(?)" and "Fullspeed", the latter meaning 12
Mbps. When USB 2 came along, these names were kept, and "HighSpeed" was
added, for 480 Mbps. No wonder we all get confused!

Steve.
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
June 22, 2005 8:30:35 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus (More info?)

Bob wrote:
> I bought one of these but WinXP Pro keeps warning me that I am plugging
> my highspeed flash drive into a slow speed hub.
> I assumed it was USB2.0 highspeed but maybe it is slowspeed. :-(

Are you connecting directly to USB ports on the motherboard or to a
case-mounted port?

--
Robert Hancock Saskatoon, SK, Canada
To email, remove "nospam" from hancockr@nospamshaw.ca
Home Page: http://www.roberthancock.com/
!