A8N-SLI USB2?

I bought one of these but WinXP Pro keeps warning me that I am plugging
my highspeed flash drive into a slow speed hub.
I assumed it was USB2.0 highspeed but maybe it is slowspeed. :-(
4 answers Last reply
More about usb2

    "Bob" <ask@me.com> wrote in message
    >I bought one of these but WinXP Pro keeps warning me that I am plugging my
    >highspeed flash drive into a slow speed hub.
    > I assumed it was USB2.0 highspeed but maybe it is slowspeed. :-(

    You may have a driver problem. Did you install the motherboard drivers? That
    board supports USB 2.0.

    Isn't there a BIOS setting for the USB ports on this board? "Full speed" to
    "high speed" is what you want IIRC.

    formerprof

    "formerprof" <formerprof@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > Isn't there a BIOS setting for the USB ports on this board? "Full speed"
    > to "high speed" is what you want IIRC.
    >
    > formerprof

    Correct; USB 1 had options "Slow(?)" and "Fullspeed", the latter meaning 12
    Mbps. When USB 2 came along, these names were kept, and "HighSpeed" was
    added, for 480 Mbps. No wonder we all get confused!

    Steve.

    Bob wrote:
    > I bought one of these but WinXP Pro keeps warning me that I am plugging
    > my highspeed flash drive into a slow speed hub.
    > I assumed it was USB2.0 highspeed but maybe it is slowspeed. :-(

    Are you connecting directly to USB ports on the motherboard or to a
    case-mounted port?

    --
    Robert Hancock Saskatoon, SK, Canada

Asus SLI Flash Drive Motherboards