Modem Problems

September 6, 2004 11:32:44 AM

Good Day

I went from Windows 98 to XP Professional. The upgrade
went well except for my modem. In Windows 98, it was
listed as a LT Win and now is referred to as Lucent.
Further, it was previously assigned to Com Port 2. Now it
is listed as Com Port 3. Needless to say, I cannot
connect to the internet. How do I correct this problem.
Thanks

More about : modem problems

September 6, 2004 3:01:28 PM

You need to install a Windows XP compatible driver. Download the driver,
remove the modem from device manager, reboot. On restart when new hardware
is found install the proper XP driver, or follow instructions if included
with the drive.
See http://www.agere.com/entnet/modem_drivers.html
--

!