Modem Problems

Good Day

I went from Windows 98 to XP Professional. The upgrade
went well except for my modem. In Windows 98, it was
listed as a LT Win and now is referred to as Lucent.
Further, it was previously assigned to Com Port 2. Now it
is listed as Com Port 3. Needless to say, I cannot
connect to the internet. How do I correct this problem.
Thanks
1 answer Last reply
More about modem problems

    You need to install a Windows XP compatible driver. Download the driver,
    remove the modem from device manager, reboot. On restart when new hardware
    is found install the proper XP driver, or follow instructions if included
    with the drive.
    See http://www.agere.com/entnet/modem_drivers.html
    --

    "David" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Good Day
    >
    > I went from Windows 98 to XP Professional. The upgrade
    > went well except for my modem. In Windows 98, it was
    > listed as a LT Win and now is referred to as Lucent.
    > Further, it was previously assigned to Com Port 2. Now it
    > is listed as Com Port 3. Needless to say, I cannot
    > connect to the internet. How do I correct this problem.
    > Thanks

Windows 98 Modem Windows XP