A8N-SLI DLX 1.01 -102 difference ?

Last response: in Motherboards
a b V Motherboard
June 21, 2005 9:12:54 PM

Are there any significant differences between those boards ?
(Except the default Bios version.)
Since they changed it there must have been a correction/
improvement.

Thanks
June 21, 2005 9:12:55 PM

On Tue, 21 Jun 2005 17:12:54 -0400, "FG" <personne@videotron.cam> wrote:

>Are there any significant differences between those boards ?
>(Except the default Bios version.)
>Since they changed it there must have been a correction/
>improvement.
>
>Thanks

Don't know but on AMD's site I checked for a 3500+ and the dual core
chips and they only show the v1.02 on their Recommended Motherboard
page, I'd get the 1.02 just to be safe. ;p

(long link)
http://www2.amd.com/us-en/Processors/DevelopWithAMD/1,,...

Ed
June 22, 2005 6:43:29 AM

On Tue, 21 Jun 2005 16:43:54 -0500, Ed <spam@hotmail.com> wrote:

>On Tue, 21 Jun 2005 17:12:54 -0400, "FG" <personne@videotron.cam> wrote:
>
>>Are there any significant differences between those boards ?
>>(Except the default Bios version.)
>>Since they changed it there must have been a correction/
>>improvement.
>>
>>Thanks
>>

>Don't know but on AMD's site I checked for a 3500+ and the dual core
>chips and they only show the v1.02 on their Recommended Motherboard
>page, I'd get the 1.02 just to be safe. ;p
>
>(long link)
>http://www2.amd.com/us-en/Processors/DevelopWithAMD/1,,...
>
>Ed

Best bet: don't get either; spend another $25 and get an A8N-SLI
Premium. You can think of it as an A8N-SLI Deluxe rev 1.03.

Ron
Related resources
June 22, 2005 6:43:30 AM

On Wed, 22 Jun 2005 02:43:29 GMT, milleron
<millerdot90@SPAMlessosu.edu> wrote:

>Best bet: don't get either; spend another $25 and get an A8N-SLI
>Premium. You can think of it as an A8N-SLI Deluxe rev 1.03.
>

>Ron

I'd think of it as whatever it's revision is, the past PCB/design the
board is based on doesn't count all that much, we have all seen how
these board makers can make one tiny change and screw up stuff that
works just fine on the cheaper model.

Heres how I see revisions (all brands).
1.00, Test boards.
1.01, Major problems fixed, still some bugs.
1.02, Good enough for average joe.
1.03, Minor bugs most people will never encounter.

Ed
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
June 22, 2005 7:39:55 AM

FG wrote:

" Are there any significant differences between those boards ? (Except
the default Bios version.) Since they changed it there must have been a
correction/improvement. "

I'm sure it's just the default BIOS version, seeing as they've now
released the A8N-SLI Premium. http://tinyurl.com/cq932
June 23, 2005 5:51:12 AM

On Wed, 22 Jun 2005 01:41:47 -0500, Ed <spam@hotmail.com> wrote:

>On Wed, 22 Jun 2005 02:43:29 GMT, milleron
><millerdot90@SPAMlessosu.edu> wrote:
>
>>Best bet: don't get either; spend another $25 and get an A8N-SLI
>>Premium. You can think of it as an A8N-SLI Deluxe rev 1.03.
>>

>>Ron
>
>I'd think of it as whatever it's revision is, the past PCB/design the
>board is based on doesn't count all that much, we have all seen how
>these board makers can make one tiny change and screw up stuff that
>works just fine on the cheaper model.
>
>Heres how I see revisions (all brands).
>1.00, Test boards.
>1.01, Major problems fixed, still some bugs.
>1.02, Good enough for average joe.
>1.03, Minor bugs most people will never encounter.
>
>Ed
You could well be right in this assessment.
Interestingly the silk-screened revision number on the A8N-SLI Premium
is 1.02, meaning that it's the same PCB as the A8N-SLI Deluxe. It's
just that with the vastly improved cooling on the southbridge, I
couldn't advise anyone not on a shoestring budget to buy the Deluxe .
.. . and someone on a shoestring budget probably wouldn't be
considering the A8N-SLI, anyway.

Ron
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
June 23, 2005 5:51:13 AM

"milleron" <millerdot90@SPAMlessosu.edu> a écrit dans le message de news:
u35kb19vu58u495l7o6ijdff6kls9n2mb1@4ax.com...
> On Wed, 22 Jun 2005 01:41:47 -0500, Ed <spam@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>>On Wed, 22 Jun 2005 02:43:29 GMT, milleron
>><millerdot90@SPAMlessosu.edu> wrote:
>>
>>>Best bet: don't get either; spend another $25 and get an A8N-SLI
>>>Premium. You can think of it as an A8N-SLI Deluxe rev 1.03.
>>>

>>>Ron
>>
>>I'd think of it as whatever it's revision is, the past PCB/design the
>>board is based on doesn't count all that much, we have all seen how
>>these board makers can make one tiny change and screw up stuff that
>>works just fine on the cheaper model.
>>
>>Heres how I see revisions (all brands).
>>1.00, Test boards.
>>1.01, Major problems fixed, still some bugs.
>>1.02, Good enough for average joe.
>>1.03, Minor bugs most people will never encounter.
>>
>>Ed
> You could well be right in this assessment.
> Interestingly the silk-screened revision number on the A8N-SLI Premium
> is 1.02, meaning that it's the same PCB as the A8N-SLI Deluxe. It's
> just that with the vastly improved cooling on the southbridge, I
> couldn't advise anyone not on a shoestring budget to buy the Deluxe .
> . . and someone on a shoestring budget probably wouldn't be
> considering the A8N-SLI, anyway.
>
> Ron

Too late, I bought it.
!