Unable to connect digital camera

Csaba

Distinguished
May 8, 2004

Hi!

I have a plug and play camera that workes with XPs as
plug and play device. Except my XP. As I connect it, I
get the following message:

"Device Installer error: could not load the installer for
image" Then the hardware wizard starts, that obviously
won't find the installer.

On otherXPs the scanner and camera wizard started
automatically an downloaded my pictures. Now I'm even
unable to start this wizard by clicking on it. No error
messages, just does not start at all.

Could anyone help me with that please?

Thanks in advance

Csaba wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I have a plug and play camera that workes with XPs as
> plug and play device. Except my XP. As I connect it, I
> get the following message:
>
> "Device Installer error: could not load the installer for
> image" Then the hardware wizard starts, that obviously
> won't find the installer.
>
> On otherXPs the scanner and camera wizard started
> automatically an downloaded my pictures. Now I'm even
> unable to start this wizard by clicking on it. No error
> messages, just does not start at all.
>
> Could anyone help me with that please?
>
> Thanks in advance

Sometimes, a driver file needs to be installed for the
camera, scanner, etc. Maybe also a dedicated application.
Was this done on this particular computer? The alternative
might be to remove the memory card from the camera and use
an USB card reader to do a direct download.