A7N8X deluxe, SATA DVD-RW problems

Last response: in Motherboards
Share
June 22, 2005 6:55:35 AM

Well, not really problems, just annoyances.

Fry's had a deal on the Plextor PX-712A SATA DVD-RW drive, so I've got
one and it works nicely.

But, on boot, the stupid Sil3112 bios detects the drive, then just
sits there (ctrl-s or f4 to set up raid) until I hit a key.

Anyone seen this before? Normal behavior, or something peculiar to
using a DVD-RW drive on this controller? Any way around it?

--Steve
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
June 23, 2005 7:13:51 AM

Do you have it plugged into SATA 1 or Sata 2??
peterk

the problem
"Steve" <shamm@austin-not-me.rr.com> wrote in message
> Well, not really problems, just annoyances.
>
> Fry's had a deal on the Plextor PX-712A SATA DVD-RW drive, so I've got
> one and it works nicely.
>
> But, on boot, the stupid Sil3112 bios detects the drive, then just
> sits there (ctrl-s or f4 to set up raid) until I hit a key.
>
> Anyone seen this before? Normal behavior, or something peculiar to
> using a DVD-RW drive on this controller? Any way around it?
>
> --Steve

June 23, 2005 8:10:23 AM

On Thu, 23 Jun 2005 03:13:51 GMT, "peterk" <peterk@nomalarky.net>
wrote:

>Do you have it plugged into SATA 1 or Sata 2??
>peterk

It's plugged into sata2. Does it make a difference?

--Steve
June 23, 2005 8:40:22 PM

I have this MB and have heard that the SATA ports would only work for a SATA
hard drive and were incompatible with the low speed of an optical drive.
Later models of Asus motherboards do not have this problem.....

!