A7N8X deluxe, SATA DVD-RW problems

Well, not really problems, just annoyances.

Fry's had a deal on the Plextor PX-712A SATA DVD-RW drive, so I've got
one and it works nicely.

But, on boot, the stupid Sil3112 bios detects the drive, then just
sits there (ctrl-s or f4 to set up raid) until I hit a key.

Anyone seen this before? Normal behavior, or something peculiar to
using a DVD-RW drive on this controller? Any way around it?

--Steve
3 answers Last reply
More about a7n8x deluxe sata problems

    Do you have it plugged into SATA 1 or Sata 2??
    peterk

    the problem

    On Thu, 23 Jun 2005 03:13:51 GMT, "peterk" <peterk@nomalarky.net>
    wrote:

    >Do you have it plugged into SATA 1 or Sata 2??
    >peterk

    It's plugged into sata2. Does it make a difference?

    --Steve

    I have this MB and have heard that the SATA ports would only work for a SATA
    hard drive and were incompatible with the low speed of an optical drive.
    Later models of Asus motherboards do not have this problem.....
    "Steve" <shamm@austin-not-me.rr.com> wrote in message
    > Well, not really problems, just annoyances.
    >
    > Fry's had a deal on the Plextor PX-712A SATA DVD-RW drive, so I've got
    > one and it works nicely.
    >
    > But, on boot, the stupid Sil3112 bios detects the drive, then just
    > sits there (ctrl-s or f4 to set up raid) until I hit a key.
    >
    > Anyone seen this before? Normal behavior, or something peculiar to
    > using a DVD-RW drive on this controller? Any way around it?
    >
    > --Steve

Asus DVD RW SATA Motherboards