Downloads will NOT install. Any idea?

I can download updates from Windows and Virus protection,
but they will not Install. I had a virus took out many
files, but okay now except I can't update anything now.
Help would be appreciated of any kind.
Thanks.

Boot from the XP CD, delete partition and reinstall a new copy of XP

Gina320 wrote:

> I can download updates from Windows and Virus protection,
> but they will not Install. I had a virus took out many
> files, but okay now except I can't update anything now.
> Help would be appreciated of any kind.
> Thanks.

Do NOT do that. That will erase all of your data. Think before you
offer advice.

----
Nathan McNulty

Wallace Hill wrote:
> Boot from the XP CD, delete partition and reinstall a new copy of XP
>
> Gina320 wrote:
>
>> I can download updates from Windows and Virus protection, but they
>> will not Install. I had a virus took out many files, but okay now
>> except I can't update anything now.
>> Help would be appreciated of any kind.
>> Thanks.

I tried to use my disk that came with the computer, I'm
not able to do that for some reason.
Someone else told me not to do that also its too
dangerous.
I'm not an expert so I guess it will just remain messed
up and stay this way. works good now but can't update
anything.
Thanks so much for caring.

I did, there is to many ways a virus can nest it's self, a CLEAN wipe is
the safest way to rid all traces.

WHill

Nathan McNulty wrote:
> Do NOT do that. That will erase all of your data. Think before you
> offer advice.
>
> ----
> Nathan McNulty
>

> Wallace Hill wrote:
>
>> Boot from the XP CD, delete partition and reinstall a new copy of XP
>>
>> Gina320 wrote:
>>
>>> I can download updates from Windows and Virus protection, but they
>>> will not Install. I had a virus took out many files, but okay now
>>> except I can't update anything now.
>>> Help would be appreciated of any kind.
>>> Thanks.

Hello,

Probably you got infected by virus or something like that... you can
download one adware detector like
http://lavasoft.element5.com/software/adaware/ it's free and will probably
catch something in your system, or can try free online spyware detector in
http://www.pestscan.com/ the other thing is use online anti-virus detector
like in http://housecall.trendmicro.com/ or
http://www.pandasoftware.com/activescan/, after that you can try run the
updates again and see if it works... Don't forget to use a firewall like ZA
from Zone Labs from
http://www.zonelabs.com/store/content/catalog/products/sku_list_za.jsp
it's free for personal use and you can use for instance a free anti-virus
software like AVG from Grisoft at
http://free.grisoft.com/freeweb.php/doc/2/, remember to lokk for
spyware,adware on regular bases... they can cripple the system...

Best of luck