USB 2.0 Controller/Device

September 7, 2004 9:52:19 PM

I will be in the middle of a backup or something similar and the device
disconnects and connects rapidly, but enough to stop the backup or disk
defrag or whatever........I have tried re-installing all the usb drivers,
preventing windows disconnecting the device etc etc but nothing stops this
irritating practice. The 250 Gb HDD is hanging off a 4 port PCI USB 2
Controller card

Any clues please?

Peter

More about : usb controller device

September 7, 2004 9:52:20 PM

Make sure that you do not attempt any other activity, no other applications
running, do not use another USB device which is attched to the same card.

ALso check your USB properties to see that you have not a default 'power
saving' mode for the USB hub/ devices that cuts off the power.

"Deadlegs" wrote:

> I will be in the middle of a backup or something similar and the device
> disconnects and connects rapidly, but enough to stop the backup or disk
> defrag or whatever........I have tried re-installing all the usb drivers,
> preventing windows disconnecting the device etc etc but nothing stops this
> irritating practice. The 250 Gb HDD is hanging off a 4 port PCI USB 2
> Controller card
>
> Any clues please?
>
> Peter

Anonymous
September 9, 2004 12:11:27 AM

Done all of that but unfortunately seems not to have made a difference.

!