CD-R Drive

September 7, 2004 9:55:50 AM

XP does not seem to recognise my CD-R drive as a writable
drive. I have to use a third party programme to burn CD's
which is not a problem but I now need to use the files and
transfer wizard to move my files and settings to another
PC (not co-located) and the wizard only shows the floppy
drive under removable media.

More about : drive

Anonymous
September 7, 2004 12:26:47 PM

Check the drive's properties and see if "enable writing" is
checked. Also check the device manager. You can delete the
drive and reboot, this should reload the proper drivers.

"Keith Miles" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:745401c494da$00ae97c0$a601280a@phx.gbl...
| XP does not seem to recognise my CD-R drive as a writable
| drive. I have to use a third party programme to burn CD's
| which is not a problem but I now need to use the files and
| transfer wizard to move my files and settings to another
| PC (not co-located) and the wizard only shows the floppy
| drive under removable media.
Anonymous
September 7, 2004 12:28:32 PM

On Tue, 7 Sep 2004 05:55:50 -0700, Keith Miles wrote:

> XP does not seem to recognise my CD-R drive as a writable
> drive. I have to use a third party programme to burn CD's
> which is not a problem but I now need to use the files and
> transfer wizard to move my files and settings to another
> PC (not co-located) and the wizard only shows the floppy
> drive under removable media.

My old cd writer wasn't recognized by XP's burning either so I can
sympathize. Save your FAST file to the hard drive. Then use your burning
program to transfer it to CD.

--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows XP Shell/User