ASUS P4P800-E DELUXE SATA question

I am purchasing a ASUS P4P800-E DELUXE motherboard and one Serial ATA 150
hard drive.

I will use Win XP OS.

Will this motherboard automatically detect the Serial hard drive or there
special drivers I have to install with Win XP? Will I have to make any BIOS
changes to detect the Serial drive?
1 answer Last reply
More about asus p4p800 deluxe sata question

    >I am purchasing a ASUS P4P800-E DELUXE motherboard and one Serial ATA 150
    >hard drive. I will use Win XP OS.
    > Will this motherboard automatically detect the Serial hard drive or there
    > special drivers I have to install with Win XP? Will I have to make any
    > BIOS changes to detect the Serial drive?

    That motherboard will detect SATA drives and nothing needs to be changed in
    the BIOS. If you have a Windows XP SP2 CD, then it should have the
    required SATA driver when you install it. Otherwise, you will have
    to put the SATA driver on a floppy (see the ASUS motherboard CD) and
    then press F6 during the Windows installation. Follow the on-screen
    directions for installing the driver.

    ---
    Kevin Chalker, Owner (KC COMPUTERS)
    E-mail: kc@kc-computers.com Web: www.kc-computers.com
    Internet dealer since 1991!!! See WWW.RESELLERRATINGS.COM!!!

Asus Hard Drives Motherboards Windows XP