ASUS P4P800-E DELUXE SATA question

Last response: in Motherboards
Share
June 25, 2005 8:30:51 PM

I am purchasing a ASUS P4P800-E DELUXE motherboard and one Serial ATA 150
hard drive.

I will use Win XP OS.

Will this motherboard automatically detect the Serial hard drive or there
special drivers I have to install with Win XP? Will I have to make any BIOS
changes to detect the Serial drive?
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
June 26, 2005 4:23:40 AM

>I am purchasing a ASUS P4P800-E DELUXE motherboard and one Serial ATA 150
>hard drive. I will use Win XP OS.
> Will this motherboard automatically detect the Serial hard drive or there
> special drivers I have to install with Win XP? Will I have to make any
> BIOS changes to detect the Serial drive?

That motherboard will detect SATA drives and nothing needs to be changed in
the BIOS. If you have a Windows XP SP2 CD, then it should have the
required SATA driver when you install it. Otherwise, you will have
to put the SATA driver on a floppy (see the ASUS motherboard CD) and
then press F6 during the Windows installation. Follow the on-screen
directions for installing the driver.

---
Kevin Chalker, Owner (KC COMPUTERS)
E-mail: kc@kc-computers.com Web: www.kc-computers.com
Internet dealer since 1991!!! See WWW.RESELLERRATINGS.COM!!!
!