HD Not Accessable?

Hello,

I have a home network and I am using XP on all cpu's.

I recently converted a secondary HD on one machine from fat32 to NTFS.

I had previously mounted this drive on my other cpu's as Big Disk (X:)

Problem is; I can't access this drive anymore from the other cpu's. I
can see it and list the high level folders but I can't drill down.

I get the error: X:\"folder" is not accessible. Access denied.

I've checked file sharing and I've unmounted and remounted with no
change.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Joe
3 answers Last reply
More about accessable

    Access is Denied" Error Message When You Try to Open a Folder
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;810881&Product=winxpandHow to take ownership of a file or folder in Windows XPhttp://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;308421&Product=winxp--"Joe Blow" <JoeBlow@kokomo.com> wrote in messagenews:neerj0hjmf2f4qp8l5ajr36r8p6h9a0snh@4ax.com...>> Hello,>> I have a home network and I am using XP on all cpu's.>> I recently converted a secondary HD on one machine from fat32 to NTFS.>> I had previously mounted this drive on my other cpu's as Big Disk (X:)>> Problem is; I can't access this drive anymore from the other cpu's. I> can see it and list the high level folders but I can't drill down.>> I get the error: X:\"folder" is not accessible. Access denied.>> I've checked file sharing and I've unmounted and remounted with no> change.>> Any ideas?>> Thanks,> Joe

    On Tue, 7 Sep 2004 10:08:24 -0400, "GTS" <x> wrote:

    >Access is Denied" Error Message When You Try to Open a Folder
    > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;810881&Product=winxpandHow to take ownership of a file or folder in Windows XPhttp://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;308421&Product=winxp--"Joe Blow" <JoeBlow@kokomo.com> wrote in messagenews:neerj0hjmf2f4qp8l5ajr36r8p6h9a0snh@4ax.com...>> Hello,>> I have a home network and I am using XP on all cpu's.>> I recently converted a secondary HD on one machine from fat32 to NTFS.>> I had previously mounted this drive on my other cpu's as Big Disk (X:)>> Problem is; I can't access this drive anymore from the other cpu's. I> can see it and list the high level folders but I can't drill down.>> I get the error: X:\"folder" is not accessible. Access denied.>> I've checked file sharing and I've unmounted and remounted with no> change.>> Any ideas?>> Thanks,> Joe

    Thanks GTS, from this link, I was able to sort it out.

    Appreciated!

    Joe

    Your welcome. (I don't know why my message ssrambed, but am glad the link
    came out.)

    --

    > On Tue, 7 Sep 2004 10:08:24 -0400, "GTS" <x> wrote:
    >
    >>Access is Denied" Error Message When You Try to Open a Folder
    >> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;810881&Product=winxpandHow
    >> to take ownership of a file or folder in Windows
    >> XPhttp://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;308421&Product=winxp--"Joe
    >> Blow" <JoeBlow@kokomo.com> wrote in
    >> messagenews:neerj0hjmf2f4qp8l5ajr36r8p6h9a0snh@4ax.com...>> Hello,>> I
    >> have a home network and I am using XP on all cpu's.>> I recently
    >> converted a secondary HD on one machine from fat32 to NTFS.>> I had
    >> previously mounted this drive on my other cpu's as Big Disk (X:)>>
    >> Problem is; I can't access this drive anymore from the other cpu's. I>
    >> can see it and list the high level folders but I can't drill down.>> I
    >> get the error: X:\"folder" is not accessible. Access denied.>> I've
    >> checked file sharing and I've unmounted and remounted with no> change.>>
    >> Any ideas?>> Thanks,> Joe
    >
    > Thanks GTS, from this link, I was able to sort it out.
    >
    > Appreciated!
    >
    > Joe

CPUs HD Windows XP