HD Not Accessable?

a b à CPUs
September 7, 2004 1:50:14 PM

Hello,

I have a home network and I am using XP on all cpu's.

I recently converted a secondary HD on one machine from fat32 to NTFS.

I had previously mounted this drive on my other cpu's as Big Disk (X:)

Problem is; I can't access this drive anymore from the other cpu's. I
can see it and list the high level folders but I can't drill down.

I get the error: X:\"folder" is not accessible. Access denied.

I've checked file sharing and I've unmounted and remounted with no
change.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Joe

More about : accessable

September 7, 2004 2:08:24 PM

Access is Denied" Error Message When You Try to Open a Folder
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;810881&Product=winxpandHow to take ownership of a file or folder in Windows XPhttp://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;308421&Product=winxp--"Joe Blow" <JoeBlow@kokomo.com> wrote in messagenews:neerj0hjmf2f4qp8l5ajr36r8p6h9a0snh@4ax.com...>> Hello,>> I have a home network and I am using XP on all cpu's.>> I recently converted a secondary HD on one machine from fat32 to NTFS.>> I had previously mounted this drive on my other cpu's as Big Disk (X:) >> Problem is; I can't access this drive anymore from the other cpu's. I> can see it and list the high level folders but I can't drill down.>> I get the error: X:\"folder" is not accessible. Access denied.>> I've checked file sharing and I've unmounted and remounted with no> change.>> Any ideas?>> Thanks,> Joe
Anonymous
a b à CPUs
September 7, 2004 2:53:34 PM

On Tue, 7 Sep 2004 10:08:24 -0400, "GTS" <x> wrote:

>Access is Denied" Error Message When You Try to Open a Folder
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;810881&Product=winxpandHow to take ownership of a file or folder in Windows XPhttp://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;308421&Product=winxp--"Joe Blow" <JoeBlow@kokomo.com> wrote in messagenews:neerj0hjmf2f4qp8l5ajr36r8p6h9a0snh@4ax.com...>> Hello,>> I have a home network and I am using XP on all cpu's.>> I recently converted a secondary HD on one machine from fat32 to NTFS.>> I had previously mounted this drive on my other cpu's as Big Disk (X:) >> Problem is; I can't access this drive anymore from the other cpu's. I> can see it and list the high level folders but I can't drill down.>> I get the error: X:\"folder" is not accessible. Access denied.>> I've checked file sharing and I've unmounted and remounted with no> change.>> Any ideas?>> Thanks,> Joe

Thanks GTS, from this link, I was able to sort it out.

Appreciated!

Joe
September 7, 2004 8:53:45 PM

Your welcome. (I don't know why my message ssrambed, but am glad the link
came out.)

--

news:D qirj0loogq2eg61v052omqh84dcbiogm8@4ax.com...

!