XP not recognizing Sony camcorder on new computer (same ha..

I have connected my Sony camcorder to my old PC for years and captured video
to .avi without any problems. I recently upgraded my PC to a 2.8 GHz Pentium
4, and have never been able to get Windows XP to recognize my camcorder on
the new PC.

Detailed history:
I moved my IEEE 1394 capture card (that came with Adobe Premiere 6.0) from
my old PC (where it worked great) to my new computer. I used the same XP CD
to install XP Pro on my new PC (so I should have the same drivers). The IEEE
1394 card is seen in the Device Manager and it reports to be running without
problems. However, I never get XP to recognize the camcorder when I plug it
into the cable and power it up (the old computer used to play a sound and
pop-up a windows stating it found the camera).

Any idea what could be going on? I installed Service Pack 2 and no change

Any help would be appreciated.

peter

Hi,

Go to
http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/Windows/XP/all/reskit/en-us/Default.asp?url=/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/reskit/en-us/prdh_dmt_sjls.asp

You can also view other related links.
You may also try this way:
Go to device manager and uninstall the IEEE 1394 adapter and then reboot.
windows should found new hardware and install the proper drivers for the
1394 card.
Hope it helps.

Peter