Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Motherboard Monitor on A8N-SLI Deluxe

Tags:
  • Asus
  • SLI
  • Motherboards
  • Monitors
Last response: in Motherboards
Share
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
a b C Monitor
June 27, 2005 6:04:51 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus (More info?)

Hola,

Is anyone using MBM 5.3.7.0 (the last, R.I.P.) on an A8N-SLI Deluxe?

Just curious...I haven't loaded an OS on it yet.

TIA...

More about : motherboard monitor a8n sli deluxe

June 28, 2005 1:23:04 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus (More info?)

hi,

it works well...

bye

tom

"JonnyCab®" <shutout39@localnetnospam.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:11c0ftjq8q2i99c@corp.supernews.com...
> Hola,
>
> Is anyone using MBM 5.3.7.0 (the last, R.I.P.) on an A8N-SLI Deluxe?
>
> Just curious...I haven't loaded an OS on it yet.
>
> TIA...
>
>
June 28, 2005 2:28:41 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus (More info?)

On Mon, 27 Jun 2005 21:23:04 +0200, "tom" <te1@bigfoot.com> wrote:

>hi,
>
>it works well...
>
>bye
>
>tom

I found it pretty confusing to set up. Since it's no longer
supported, there's no profile for the A8N-SLI included with it, and
there were so many possibilities for assigning the sensors that I
temporarily gave up. At any rate, I agree that it "works well," but
it's gonna be a bear to configure.


>"JonnyCab®" <shutout39@localnetnospam.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
>news:11c0ftjq8q2i99c@corp.supernews.com...
>> Hola,
>>
>> Is anyone using MBM 5.3.7.0 (the last, R.I.P.) on an A8N-SLI Deluxe?
>>
>> Just curious...I haven't loaded an OS on it yet.
>>
>> TIA...
>>
>>
>

Ron
Related resources
June 28, 2005 11:11:00 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus (More info?)

milleron (millerdot90@SPAMlessosu.edu) wrote:

> I found it pretty confusing to set up. Since it's no longer
> supported, there's no profile for the A8N-SLI included with it, and
> there were so many possibilities for assigning the sensors that I
> temporarily gave up. At any rate, I agree that it "works well," but
> it's gonna be a bear to configure.

I found this in the Anandtech Motherboard forum. I've just done a search to
find the original thread but can't at the moment, but here are some notes I
made:
---
BTW If anyone wants to try MBM5, it doesn't support the A8N_SLI without some
tweaking but it works really well when you get it set up. To set it up, get
the latest version at http://mbm.livewiredev.com/ Go through the install but
cancel when it gets to the part where you choose your motherboard. After a
reboot, you'll need to edit the voltage.ini file that's located in the
C:\Program Files\Motherboard Monitor 5\Data folder. Open it with notepad,
scroll down the list until you find the section marked [ITE8712F]. There
should be a number 13 just below it. Change that 13 to a 14 so it looks like
this

[ITE8712F]
VT=14

Continue scrolling down and you'll see 13 entries that look similar to the
entry below. Paste these lines in as the 14th entry, save the file and you
should be good to go.

V14=Asus A8N-SLI Deluxe
V14V1=$20*0.016 // Vcore1
V14V2=255
V14V3=$22*0.016 // +3.3
V14V4=$23*0.016*1.68 // +5.00
V14V5=$24*0.016*4.00 // +12.00
V14V6=$25*0.016*-1.68 // -5.00 ??
v14v7=$27*0.016*1.68 // 5v standby
V14V8=$28*0.016 // v Battery

Fire up the program and go to the settings. For the temps, the cpu uses
sensor ITE8712F-1, mobo is ITE8712F-2, and temp3 is ITE8712F-3.

For the volts, if the editing went good, you should be able to scroll down
the list in the voltage configuation and select the Asus A8N-SLI Deluxe for
each of the first 7 voltage sensors. Adjust the alarm and visual settings.

To display hard drive temps, if supported by your drives, go to the Basic
section of the General settings page, scroll down and check to scan for
drives with sensors. You'll need to restart MBM5, go to the temperature
section, select one of the unused MBM5 sensors, and in the should display
board sensor box select your hard drive model from the list.

I'm pretty sure this should get everything going to where you can adjust the
dashboard and monitoring options to your liking.

Edited: Now has -5v working...Battery working on correct sensor
---

Hang on...
Got it - watch line wrap:

http://forums.anandtech.com/messageview.aspx?catid=29&t...
hread=y


Mark
June 29, 2005 3:38:26 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus (More info?)

On Tue, 28 Jun 2005 19:11 +0100 (BST), no.mail@reply.here (Mark)
wrote:

>milleron (millerdot90@SPAMlessosu.edu) wrote:
>
>> I found it pretty confusing to set up. Since it's no longer
>> supported, there's no profile for the A8N-SLI included with it, and
>> there were so many possibilities for assigning the sensors that I
>> temporarily gave up. At any rate, I agree that it "works well," but
>> it's gonna be a bear to configure.
>
>I found this in the Anandtech Motherboard forum. I've just done a search to
>find the original thread but can't at the moment, but here are some notes I
>made:
>---
>BTW If anyone wants to try MBM5, it doesn't support the A8N_SLI without some
>tweaking but it works really well when you get it set up. To set it up, get
>the latest version at http://mbm.livewiredev.com/ Go through the install but
>cancel when it gets to the part where you choose your motherboard. After a
>reboot, you'll need to edit the voltage.ini file that's located in the
>C:\Program Files\Motherboard Monitor 5\Data folder. Open it with notepad,
>scroll down the list until you find the section marked [ITE8712F]. There
>should be a number 13 just below it. Change that 13 to a 14 so it looks like
>this
>
>[ITE8712F]
>VT=14
>
>Continue scrolling down and you'll see 13 entries that look similar to the
>entry below. Paste these lines in as the 14th entry, save the file and you
>should be good to go.
>
>V14=Asus A8N-SLI Deluxe
>V14V1=$20*0.016 // Vcore1
>V14V2=255
>V14V3=$22*0.016 // +3.3
>V14V4=$23*0.016*1.68 // +5.00
>V14V5=$24*0.016*4.00 // +12.00
>V14V6=$25*0.016*-1.68 // -5.00 ??
>v14v7=$27*0.016*1.68 // 5v standby
>V14V8=$28*0.016 // v Battery
>
>Fire up the program and go to the settings. For the temps, the cpu uses
>sensor ITE8712F-1, mobo is ITE8712F-2, and temp3 is ITE8712F-3.
>
>For the volts, if the editing went good, you should be able to scroll down
>the list in the voltage configuation and select the Asus A8N-SLI Deluxe for
>each of the first 7 voltage sensors. Adjust the alarm and visual settings.
>
>To display hard drive temps, if supported by your drives, go to the Basic
>section of the General settings page, scroll down and check to scan for
>drives with sensors. You'll need to restart MBM5, go to the temperature
>section, select one of the unused MBM5 sensors, and in the should display
>board sensor box select your hard drive model from the list.
>
>I'm pretty sure this should get everything going to where you can adjust the
>dashboard and monitoring options to your liking.
>
>Edited: Now has -5v working...Battery working on correct sensor
>---
>
>Hang on...
> Got it - watch line wrap:
>
>http://forums.anandtech.com/messageview.aspx?catid=29&t...
>hread=y
>
>
>Mark
>
>

Superb!!
Thanks!!
Now, if we just knew what ITE8712F-3 is attached to . . . .


Ron
June 29, 2005 10:57:00 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus (More info?)

milleron (millerdot90@SPAMlessosu.edu) wrote:

> Superb!!
> Thanks!!
> Now, if we just knew what ITE8712F-3 is attached to . . . .
See if you can match the temp shown with the temps in the BIOS or in Asus
Probe or Everest. I haven't got my A8N-SLI yet, so can't help.


Mark
July 2, 2005 2:19:37 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus (More info?)

On Wed, 29 Jun 2005 18:57 +0100 (BST), no.mail@reply.here (Mark)
wrote:

>milleron (millerdot90@SPAMlessosu.edu) wrote:
>
>> Superb!!
>> Thanks!!
>> Now, if we just knew what ITE8712F-3 is attached to . . . .
>See if you can match the temp shown with the temps in the BIOS or in Asus
>Probe or Everest. I haven't got my A8N-SLI yet, so can't help.
>
>
>Mark
>
>
OK, I got it set up. For some reason I had a lot of trouble getting
MBM to launch again. I had to uninstall and install many, many times
trying lots of different options, but 5.3.7 is finally working OK.

I simply elected to label ITE8712F-1 as "CPU" and ITE8712F-2 as
"chipset." ITE8712F-1 corresponds to "CPU" in BIOS and Probe and to
"Aux" in Everest. ITE8712F-2 corresponds to "MB" in Probe and to
"motherboard" in Everest. ITE8713F-3 is not listed in BIOS or Probe,
and it corresponds to what Everest labels "CPU"

In MBM Dashboard, everything works, but my -12V reads +5.00, and the
-5V reads +4.78. It looks as though voltage.ini needs further
tweaking, but I'm sure how to do that.

After reading the post in this group from the fellow who mounted his
A8N-SLI Premium upside down, resulting in a "VERY hot southbridge," I
think there's no conclusion to be drawn other than that ITE8712F-2 is
actually measuring the nForce chipset. His "motherboard" temp in
Everest is 62°, and the southbridge is the only thing in his computer
that's anywhere near that hot. I believe that ITE8712F-3 must be
located somewhere so that it measures the PCB itself, mainly because
that's the only thing left. It makes sense because on my system,
ITE8712F-3 ("CPU" in Everest) is within 1° of my room air.

So I think that Everest got all three sensors wrong and that BIOS and
Probe have one of the two wrong. MBM 5 is where you can label all of
them so that it makes sense.


Ron
July 3, 2005 6:01:01 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus (More info?)

On Wed, 29 Jun 2005 18:57 +0100 (BST), no.mail@reply.here (Mark)
wrote:

>milleron (millerdot90@SPAMlessosu.edu) wrote:
>
>> Superb!!
>> Thanks!!
>> Now, if we just knew what ITE8712F-3 is attached to . . . .
>See if you can match the temp shown with the temps in the BIOS or in Asus
>Probe or Everest. I haven't got my A8N-SLI yet, so can't help.
>
>
>Mark
>
>
I had a HUGE amount of trouble getting MBM to run after my last post
-- didn't work on the next reboot. The driver wouldn't load. After
about a dozen installations, I finally tried the "Automatic" option,
recommended for Windows 2000, during setup, and that seems to work.
Very oddly, I copied the voltages.INI and all the other INIs from the
previous installation, but I had to set up the dashboard and tray
display ALL over again. It doesn't seem to have a problem now, so if
others have trouble with MBM drivers loading, try the setup option
recommended for Win 2000 instead of the two recommended for XP.

Ron
!