boot winxp in different languages

September 8, 2004 1:53:09 AM

Is is possible to have a dual boot windows xp in two languages, say a boot
menu with WinXp English and WinXp Spanish?

Would would the process be?

thanks in advance.

More about : boot winxp languages

September 8, 2004 1:53:10 AM

Assuming you've already partitioned the hard drive as you want and one
version is running you just boot from the CD for the other language and
install it to a different drive. You will then have a dual-boot
configuration and can select accordingly when you start the computer.

"joe" <joeathome@wanadoo.es> wrote in message
news:o 3ZbHRRlEHA.3564@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
> Is is possible to have a dual boot windows xp in two languages, say a boot
> menu with WinXp English and WinXp Spanish?
>
> Would would the process be?
>
> thanks in advance.

Anonymous
September 8, 2004 1:53:10 AM

There is actually a Multilingual User Interface that allows you to
change one copy to different languages, but this is not available
retail. You must be a MS Partner (OEM, MSDN, etc) in order to get it.

You can dual boot different languages of XP. I would suggest separate
partitions for each one, but you can do whatever you want. I'm not sure
if you can just change the localized version or if you actually have to
install it in that language.

----
Nathan McNulty

!