stan

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

I have a keyboard problem with Packard Bell celeron computer running windows
XP. Keyboard seems to be entering its own text. I get an endless line of
+++++++++ which types itself into files I'm working on. It's not fatal, but
its a real pain. The keyboard driver is up to date, cables are in, and XP
troubleshooting doesn't find the problem.

Can anybody suggest a remedy?
--
stan

Did you check the + button? The spring may be broken or the key is stuck?

----
Nathan McNulty

stan wrote:
> I have a keyboard problem with Packard Bell celeron computer running windows
> XP. Keyboard seems to be entering its own text. I get an endless line of
> +++++++++ which types itself into files I'm working on. It's not fatal, but
> its a real pain. The keyboard driver is up to date, cables are in, and XP
> troubleshooting doesn't find the problem.
>
> Can anybody suggest a remedy?

Open XP's "Help and Support" and type: TEXT SERVICES , and hit enter.
Then click on "Turn text services off or on". You need to turn-off text
services.

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP