Press (CTRL-S) or F4 to enter Raid utility during bootup o..

When my computer boots up I get this message and don't know what it
is:

Press (CTRL-S) or F4 to enter Raid utility

What utility is it talking about? And do I need it if I'm not using a
Raid array, I'm just using two WD Raptors on the SATA1 and SATA2
connections with a few more IDE drives on the IDE connections.

HST
3 answers Last reply
More about press ctrl enter raid utility bootup

    HST <HST@n0mail.com> writes:
    > When my computer boots up I get this message and don't know what it
    > is:
    >
    > Press (CTRL-S) or F4 to enter Raid utility
    >
    > What utility is it talking about?

    The utility to set up your RAID array.

    > And do I need it if I'm not using a Raid array, I'm just using two
    > WD Raptors on the SATA1 and SATA2 connections with a few more IDE
    > drives on the IDE connections.

    Doesn't sound like it.

    Ronald Cole <ronald@forte-intl.com> Phone: (760) 499-9142
    President, CEO Fax: (760) 499-9152

    On Tue, 28 Jun 2005 21:20:47 -0700, Ronald Cole
    <ronald@forte-intl.com> wrotf:

    >HST <HST@n0mail.com> writes:
    >> When my computer boots up I get this message and don't know what it
    >> is:
    >>
    >> Press (CTRL-S) or F4 to enter Raid utility
    >>
    >> What utility is it talking about?
    >
    >The utility to set up your RAID array.
    >
    >> And do I need it if I'm not using a Raid array, I'm just using two
    >> WD Raptors on the SATA1 and SATA2 connections with a few more IDE
    >> drives on the IDE connections.
    >
    >Doesn't sound like it.

    The computer pauses for almost 10 seconds ( I guess it's waiting for a
    response) so how can I stop from seeing it during bootup?

    Do I have to disable it in the BIOS (where) and is it talking about
    the SATA_RAID1,2,3 and 4 connections?

    HST
  3. Hopefully this will help.... If you are using a sata card, there is a jumper set on pin 1 & 2, set the pin to 3 & 4 and start your pc, you will notice that your hard drives or what ever is attatch to this card will not be there, but dont frett because after a few minutes a new set of drivers will asked to be installed and everything will fixed.
    Ive done this with my Dell XPS with an addonics raid controller card for 2 extra hard drives.
    Good Luck

Asus NAS / RAID Computer Western Digital Motherboards