Press (CTRL-S) or F4 to enter Raid utility during bootup o..

Last response: in Motherboards
a b V Motherboard
June 29, 2005 3:15:41 AM

When my computer boots up I get this message and don't know what it
is:

Press (CTRL-S) or F4 to enter Raid utility

What utility is it talking about? And do I need it if I'm not using a
Raid array, I'm just using two WD Raptors on the SATA1 and SATA2
connections with a few more IDE drives on the IDE connections.

HST
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
June 29, 2005 3:15:42 AM

HST <HST@n0mail.com> writes:
> When my computer boots up I get this message and don't know what it
> is:
>
> Press (CTRL-S) or F4 to enter Raid utility
>
> What utility is it talking about?

The utility to set up your RAID array.

> And do I need it if I'm not using a Raid array, I'm just using two
> WD Raptors on the SATA1 and SATA2 connections with a few more IDE
> drives on the IDE connections.

Doesn't sound like it.

Ronald Cole <ronald@forte-intl.com> Phone: (760) 499-9142
President, CEO Fax: (760) 499-9152
a b V Motherboard
June 29, 2005 4:47:51 AM

On Tue, 28 Jun 2005 21:20:47 -0700, Ronald Cole
<ronald@forte-intl.com> wrotf:

>HST <HST@n0mail.com> writes:
>> When my computer boots up I get this message and don't know what it
>> is:
>>
>> Press (CTRL-S) or F4 to enter Raid utility
>>
>> What utility is it talking about?
>
>The utility to set up your RAID array.
>
>> And do I need it if I'm not using a Raid array, I'm just using two
>> WD Raptors on the SATA1 and SATA2 connections with a few more IDE
>> drives on the IDE connections.
>
>Doesn't sound like it.

The computer pauses for almost 10 seconds ( I guess it's waiting for a
response) so how can I stop from seeing it during bootup?

Do I have to disable it in the BIOS (where) and is it talking about
the SATA_RAID1,2,3 and 4 connections?

HST
January 20, 2009 9:55:37 PM

Hopefully this will help.... If you are using a sata card, there is a jumper set on pin 1 & 2, set the pin to 3 & 4 and start your pc, you will notice that your hard drives or what ever is attatch to this card will not be there, but dont frett because after a few minutes a new set of drivers will asked to be installed and everything will fixed.
Ive done this with my Dell XPS with an addonics raid controller card for 2 extra hard drives.
Good Luck
!