CUSL2-C 'PCI System management bus' message on boot.

I get a message , new hardware found, PCI system management bus. I can't
find a driver for it.

Using win98se.

This is a rebuild with a new drive following a drive crash. I didn't have
the problem before - dont know what I did different this time.

Thanks
Ian F .

Rick

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2003

Download and install the Intel 815 chipset drivers from
Intel's website. I think they're also available on Asus'
support site.

This may also be an issue with ACPI. Offhand I don't
know if Win98 supports it, but there's a chance the only
way to clear the error will be to disable ACPI in the
system bios and do a fresh install of Windows.

"Ian & Liz" <liz.ian@ihug.co.nz> wrote in message news:d9ttj8$c76$1@lust.ihug.co.nz...
> I get a message , new hardware found, PCI system management bus. I can't
> find a driver for it.
>
> Using win98se.
>
> This is a rebuild with a new drive following a drive crash. I didn't have
> the problem before - dont know what I did different this time.
>
> Thanks
> Ian F .

Thanks for reply Rick

I had already loaded the 815 driver off the mobo cd.

In the end I reformatted the drive and reinstalled - this time installed the
drivers in the order recommended in the manual . All ok.

Cheers
ian F