A7V600 X and a Duron 1.2 compatable?

I tried them togeather lastnight and the bios kept stopping and saying
the cpu wasn't at the right speed, and it was set on 1200.
Or is the 1.75 v to much?

At any rate I have a new 2800 + Sempron on its way.

"" wrote:
> I tried them togeather lastnight and the bios kept stopping
> and saying
> the cpu wasn't at the right speed, and it was set on 1200.
> Or is the 1.75 v to much?
>
> At any rate I have a new 2800 + Sempron on its way.

Just a quick reply. I know there must be some sort of compatibility
chart on the Asus web site. But I can tell you at least a couple of
things. First, I have the same motherboard as you and my Duron 1.8
GHz works well. (Only $30 US with rebate from Tigerdirect.com or $53
CDN with rebate on Tigerdirect.ca). (I used a Spire Whisper Rock IV,
actually called "Cables Unlimited on tigerdirect)
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=674108&CatId=0

And I also read they’re coming out with 64 bit Semprons so...(erh,
wait, I don’t know if the 64 bit Semprons will be for socket A.
Socket A is being phased out this year).

Topic URL: http://www.hardwareforumz.com/ASUS-A7V600-Duron-compatable-ftopict58230.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.hardwareforumz.com/eform.php?p=294274