  • Peripherals
Last response: in Computer Peripherals
Share
May 29, 2004 4:22:11 AM

I fear my nice, compact HP 1100 has reached the end of its life. I
cannot accomodate the size the the "better" HP Laserjets.

Therefore, I am torn between the Brother 5140 and the HP 1012.

My two major concerns are size and print quality.

The Brother has higher resolution, parallel port option, but is a few
inches larger. It also has the option for more memory and comes with
twice as much memory.

The HP is smaller, and....I've always had HP printers and I've always
been pretty happy. But I know HP isn't what it used to be.

Can anyone compare the print quality and overall functioning between the
two printers?

Am I correct in preferring to minimize my use of system resources by
preferring parallel to USB - thus favoring the Brother?

TIA

Louise

More about : 1012 brother 5140

May 29, 2004 7:54:43 PM

Good deal through today on brother HL 1440 1200x 600 $ 99 after rebate at
officemax

!