Internet on W7

schu65

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2010
I really didn't have any idea where else to put this, so I'm assuming it has to do something with windows.
I have been experiencing a problem now that has been going on for about a month. It occurred out of no where, and I have no idea how to fix it.

My internet explorer, and or firefox will not display a majority of the pictures on webpages. There is also no color on the webpages, no background image. I have tried updating reinstalling java, and firefox. I don't know what else to do really. It isn't too big of a deal. Only rare occasions will come up that prevent me from really getting the information from webpages that I need. For example, like if I'm trying to find a link that usually has a picture for the link I'll have problems finding it.

Another thing of note is that on yahoo mail, all the buttons on there, i.e compose and delete are there but they have lines through them and are very plain and have no height to them.

Any help or direction to help would be appreciated.

P.S another example of the problem is that I cannot see the submit button right now. The only reason I know its there is because the cursor changes shape.

schu65

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2010
Yes it is happening with two different browsers. That is the reason I am thinking that it is a problem deeper than just java or the browser. My desktop is fine. I just recently put up a new background to check that.

schu65

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2010
Another thing I just noticed. I downloaded a .rar file. Within it normally, i.e on my laptop all the files are sorted out in their respective folders.

When I download this same file onto my desktop, all of the files are just clumped up in the .rar. There are no folders they are all just sitting in the .rar. I have to assume this is related to my web page problem..

schu65

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2010

prt scr for a screen shot right? where does it save to?

schu65

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2010
rgr I'm gonna give those a try when I get home from work today. My only concern is that I was reading a little about the script, and I'm not really experiencing problems with web pages loading when I click links. They load just without images and any type of frames to the pages.

I also have Spy Sweeper as my virus scan and internet security and ***, and I have done recent scans of the system with windows defender and spy sweeper. Do you think that isn't enough that a hijacker could have gotten by that?

Also going through the I.E settings I don't really think is going to be the issue, like I said before I am experiencing the same problem with multiple browsers. Also I do not get any kind of error messages. The pictures, buttons do not show up on the screen. Its basically a web page as basic as you can view it.
With this new problem I have seen with the .rar file I tried to unzip however it does make me feel like it is some kind of virus. I don't know how it is related. I'm not that savy, but it is obviously related.

I'll get a screen shot posted later, and try out some of those methods posted.

schu65

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2010
screenmut.png

screenshotshit.png

schu65

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2010
Hey. I dunno how it was fixxed, but I went to check some of those things that dadiggle wrote about. I opened I.e and it was good in there. So I reinstalled firefox and it was good too. I dunno how it got fixxed but thanks for all the help guys.