A8N-SLI Premium

Last response: in Motherboards
a b V Motherboard
July 1, 2005 4:57:52 AM

I am contemplating upgrading to this board and ditching my A8V Deluxe as
I want to take advantage of the new PCIe architecture. I am interested
in hearing from those who have this board and hearing their opinions.
Thanks.

--
**********************************************************************************************************************************
David F. Mishiwiec Sr.

Help me raise money for the American Heart Association by pledging to
support me in the San Diego Heart Walk on 9/17/05 at San Diego's Balboa
Park. Thanks!
http://www.heartwalk.kintera.org/sandiegoca/mish
**********************************************************************************************************************************

More about : a8n sli premium

July 2, 2005 1:52:47 AM

On Fri, 01 Jul 2005 00:57:52 -0700, "David F. Mishiwiec Sr."
<mish@cox.net> wrote:

>I am contemplating upgrading to this board and ditching my A8V Deluxe as
>I want to take advantage of the new PCIe architecture. I am interested
>in hearing from those who have this board and hearing their opinions.
>Thanks.

There's a huge thread at Anandtech.com on the A8N-SLI Premium that
should give you most of the info you need.
http://forums.anandtech.com/messageview.aspx?catid=29&t...

Ron
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
July 2, 2005 9:21:50 PM

<mish@cox.net> wrote:

>I am contemplating upgrading to this board and ditching my A8V Deluxe as
>I want to take advantage of the new PCIe architecture. I am interested
>in hearing from those who have this board and hearing their opinions.
>Thanks.

Seems to be a very nice MB. The only problem I have had with it is I
can't get the onboard realtek audio to work at all.
July 3, 2005 5:49:27 AM

On Sat, 02 Jul 2005 17:21:50 -0700, trynn@comcast.net wrote:

>On Fri, 01 Jul 2005 00:57:52 -0700, "David F. Mishiwiec Sr."
><mish@cox.net> wrote:
>
>>I am contemplating upgrading to this board and ditching my A8V Deluxe as
>>I want to take advantage of the new PCIe architecture. I am interested
>>in hearing from those who have this board and hearing their opinions.
>>Thanks.
>
>Seems to be a very nice MB. The only problem I have had with it is I
>can't get the onboard realtek audio to work at all.

Too bad. I think this audio is a treat. No more Soundblasters for
me.

You installed the latest Realtek software from the Asus site or at
least from the Asus CD?
In Device Manager, do you have any unknown devices?
What are the devices listed in Control Panel/Sounds/Audio for Playback
and Recording?

Other people have reported receiving boards with nonfunctional audio
chips, but don't give up yet.

Ron
!