sound problems with p4c800-e deluxe

Hi news-guys!

i have sound problems with my p4c800-e deluxe. Win200 & XP give me a
crackling sound when playing mp3s, playing games etc.

Interessting thing that this occures with onboard sound AND the Creative 64
PCI Soundblaster.

Couldn`t test this under linux, because Knoppix (and some other
Live-Boot-CDs) won't start with my P4c800-e deluxe.

Does anyone have the same problem? Did anyone solve this?

Asus don't answer...

cya
andreas

Not sure about the sound problem, but my p4c880ed worked with Knoppix
after updating to the 1021 bios. Never could get Knoppix to run before
updating the bios. goodluck

On Sat, 2 Jul 2005 13:42:04 +0200, Andreas Gunzer
<a.gunzer_aet_gmx.naet> wrote:

>Hi news-guys!
>
>i have sound problems with my p4c800-e deluxe. Win200 & XP give me a
>crackling sound when playing mp3s, playing games etc.
>
>Interessting thing that this occures with onboard sound AND the Creative 64
>PCI Soundblaster.
>
>Couldn`t test this under linux, because Knoppix (and some other
>Live-Boot-CDs) won't start with my P4c800-e deluxe.
>
>Does anyone have the same problem? Did anyone solve this?
>
>Asus don't answer...
>
>cya
>andreas

I'm not sure if you mean that you have the onboard sound enabled as well as
have a Creative 64
PCI Soundblaster installed. If you have thatmay be the cause of your
problem. I think that it should be one or the other. With my P4C800-E
Deluxe, I disabled the onboard sound in the bios and have sound provided
through an Audigy 2 card. No problems at all.

Shane

"Andreas Gunzer" <a.gunzer_aet_gmx.naet> wrote in message
> Hi news-guys!
>
> i have sound problems with my p4c800-e deluxe. Win200 & XP give me a
> crackling sound when playing mp3s, playing games etc.
>
> Interessting thing that this occures with onboard sound AND the Creative
> 64
> PCI Soundblaster.
>
> Couldn`t test this under linux, because Knoppix (and some other
> Live-Boot-CDs) won't start with my P4c800-e deluxe.
>
> Does anyone have the same problem? Did anyone solve this?
>
> Asus don't answer...
>
> cya
> andreas

I had the onboard disabled!