Second HDD Installation

NSF

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2004

I have just tried to install a second HDD on my machine. I have set the
jumpers correctly however my machine is not finding the new drive. Any ideas?

Hello

You need to format the drive, go to control panel, then
administrator and then management.

Al

nsf wrote:

> I have just tried to install a second HDD on my machine. I have set the
> jumpers correctly however my machine is not finding the new drive. Any ideas?

NSF

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2004

There is no second HDD drive shown

"Alvin Brown" wrote:

> Hello
>
> You need to format the drive, go to control panel, then
> administrator and then management.
>
> Al
>

> nsf wrote:
>
> > I have just tried to install a second HDD on my machine. I have set the
> > jumpers correctly however my machine is not finding the new drive. Any ideas?

Hello

Does the drive show up under the system bios and are you sure
the drive is jumpered correctly. Once you have verified that go to
Control Panel, then Admin Tools then Computer Management and
then Disk Management

Alvin