XP not regconizing external hard drive

claire

I'd recently upgraded from XP Home to XP Pro. Now it
won't even regconize the drive in disk management.
What's wrong with it?

Does the recognize the drive in the BIOS?
www.coribright.com

"claire" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'd recently upgraded from XP Home to XP Pro. Now it
> won't even regconize the drive in disk management.
> What's wrong with it?

How are you connecting this drive to the computer? Have you reinstalled
the chipset drivers (motherboard drivers)? You may need to do this
before it will allow you to connect the device.

----
Nathan McNulty