SP 2 and Audigy 2 NX

September 8, 2004 1:37:45 PM

This is doing my head in!!!! Everything was fine with my
Audigy 2 NX USB sound card on XP Pro SP1, Windows was
recognising it properly and attaching it to the USB 2.0
Hub. I installed SP2 as soon as it was released, and low
and behold, Windows kicked the NX back to the USB 1.1
hub!!!! I even installed the official version of a CDROM,
on the off chance that all of the files didn't download,
as I'm still on dial-up internet until my DSL gets set
up. But NO....typical windows wouldnt connect it to the
USB 2.0 hub!

I've tried everything...updating the mobo chipset drivers
(I have the ASUS K8V SE Deluxe with my Athlon 64 3200+), I
tried uninstalling the software for the NX and removing it
from Device manager, restarting and re-installing the
software for it, including the driver roll-up to enable
USB 2.0 connectivity!

What is the story Microsoft????!!!! Are you totally
incapable of delivering bug free software? Or is it
typical Microsoft policy to release a porduct, and then
test it later, thusly creating a lot of seriously P*@ssed
off customers!!

Yours in extreme annoyance.

More about : audigy

Anonymous
September 8, 2004 4:00:43 PM

Hello

Well why install sp2 when you did not have a problem
to begin with, as the saying goes if it ain't broke don't fix
it. You can always remove sp2 and see what happens.

Al

Declan wrote:

> This is doing my head in!!!! Everything was fine with my
> Audigy 2 NX USB sound card on XP Pro SP1, Windows was
> recognising it properly and attaching it to the USB 2.0
> Hub. I installed SP2 as soon as it was released, and low
> and behold, Windows kicked the NX back to the USB 1.1
> hub!!!! I even installed the official version of a CDROM,
> on the off chance that all of the files didn't download,
> as I'm still on dial-up internet until my DSL gets set
> up. But NO....typical windows wouldnt connect it to the
> USB 2.0 hub!
>
> I've tried everything...updating the mobo chipset drivers
> (I have the ASUS K8V SE Deluxe with my Athlon 64 3200+), I
> tried uninstalling the software for the NX and removing it
> from Device manager, restarting and re-installing the
> software for it, including the driver roll-up to enable
> USB 2.0 connectivity!
>
> What is the story Microsoft????!!!! Are you totally
> incapable of delivering bug free software? Or is it
> typical Microsoft policy to release a porduct, and then
> test it later, thusly creating a lot of seriously P*@ssed
> off customers!!
>
> Yours in extreme annoyance.
Anonymous
September 8, 2004 4:00:44 PM

But without the latest updates it may be broke.
Just because you are unaware does not mean "it ain't broke".

--
Jupiter Jones [MVP]
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/

"Alvin Brown" <alvin1@swbell.net> wrote in message
> Hello
>
> Well why install sp2 when you did not have a problem
> to begin with, as the saying goes if it ain't broke don't fix
> it. You can always remove sp2 and see what happens.
>
> Al
September 8, 2004 4:00:44 PM

Anyone with any proper suggestions, other than slagging
people off?!!!! Uninstallin SP 2 is an option, but then I
lose the Security Centre, Wireless Netowrking and also the
Bluetooth stuff. All of which I use!

If u have nothing constructive to say, then don't bother
postin!!!

As Jupiter said...just because it doesn't appear to be
broke, it doesnt mean it isn't!

Declan

Anonymous
September 8, 2004 6:22:17 PM

Check with the manufacturer and verify SP-2 compatibility.
Do you have the latest Windows XP drivers?

Microsoft did extensive testing but since there are a large number of
Windows XP computers in the world and no two identical, complete
testing is impossible.

--

"Declan" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Anyone with any proper suggestions, other than slagging
> people off?!!!! Uninstallin SP 2 is an option, but then I
> lose the Security Centre, Wireless Netowrking and also the
> Bluetooth stuff. All of which I use!
>
> If u have nothing constructive to say, then don't bother
> postin!!!
>
> As Jupiter said...just because it doesn't appear to be
> broke, it doesnt mean it isn't!
>
> Declan

Anonymous
September 8, 2004 6:22:18 PM

Basically, here is a real suggestions. Uninstall all drivers you have
for that external sound card and your motherboard, reboot, install the
latest chipset drivers from here:
http://www.viaarena.com/?PageID=403

Now install the drivers that came on the CD, install your External Sound
Card, then go here and use the autoupdate feature to update your
drivers. This should get you up to date on the drivers, enable EAX 4,
and possibly a patch for SP2 compatibility:
http://us.creative.com/support/downloads/softwareupdate...

This card is a mass market card which if you think about it was most
likely tested by not only by at least a few technical beta testers, but
also Microsoft as well as Creative (OEM Partners).

----
Nathan McNulty

Jupiter Jones [MVP] wrote:
> Check with the manufacturer and verify SP-2 compatibility.
> Do you have the latest Windows XP drivers?
>
> Microsoft did extensive testing but since there are a large number of
> Windows XP computers in the world and no two identical, complete
> testing is impossible.

Anonymous
September 8, 2004 6:22:19 PM

Cheers, Thanx for that! I'll try that when i get home.

p?
nSUFlag=1&sDestUrl=http://us.creative.com/support/downloads
/&hdAllProduct=1&LangID=1033&hdDspLangID=1033

!